DAOverse creation proposal - Welcome to the DAOverse

Thank you for such explaination, we needed that part to disccused more, i think with your comment and patrick comment others should understand we no threat at all at any way. given than also patrick provided reference of document from the reputable exchange BINANCE

and thank you for the words . we really want to people to understand our intentions even if they think such great bond to community exist but it do we are a example of that and we showing this with all what you can do.

i really hope after this proposal ends and hopefully in positive way, it will create breath of stronger bond in community and grow this ecosystem into different level, with different projects.

just away from DAOverse for a min. i want to say couple words.

Me as guardian of blindbox will be sure gamfied dapps and nft relates wont end here using the rules @zaccheah added in the initial creation (POOL FUNDS) we can always have special section for such category to whoever want to build with help of community and feedbacks, Especially we see that word NFT starting to get serious in space, revoking all useless zero usecase 2DNFTS out there.
(We will ensure quality and beneficial projects only lauch on BLINDBOX HUB)

We actually going to announce a new blindbox creators program to enchance this zone after the meetup this week with Other Guardians @BlueStitch @indra @Richard @Alchimist .
You guys want fx as hub we will make it as a hub !

@zaccheah We just THANK YOU for creating this weekend experimental project which lead us to were we are now and opening the chance for soon hopefully lots of people to make there innovative ideas go live. It Will Never Ever Be Forgotten

Additional we as build things or manage things in this category because we have passion and capabilities of study and apply.

So also other community members with several knowledge and passion to certain category start building base for it in community and grow it.

Go for it, no one is holding you and don’t let the negative vibes kill you even if others FAILED you can still have chance to success, WE ALL NOT SAME so go for it discuss with community and learn from them and if someone not interested you will find 10 others who will be happy to assist and collaborate to make a unique idea bloom.

haha i cant help myself not talk alot (Within context) but i really have a dream and want to see it true so i will do my best for it to happen at all cost.

1 Like

On behalf of Nammy and EA31337 validators, which voted YES, I would like to congratulate you on the great and extensive proposal. I wish you good luck. And I hope your dedication and hard work is going to pay off.

4 Likes

Thanks alot for the support! we really appreciate the words, we will defiantly going to shout-out for you in your next update !

and we will try our best to make it happen !

3 Likes

Hi all,

Thanks for making this thread lively, full of varying opinions which is always good for a project, and filled with great potentials. Disclosure: I didn’t read through everything that is written, I just wanted to congratulate DAOVerse on taking the path less chosen, it can be filled with challenges but may you reap a fruitful experience and great reward!

6 Likes

Thanks for your Kind words Zac.

I really Love to have such a lively discussion Here with many opinions. Such things will Bring the daoverse to life since the discussions in the Community and dao votings in our governance will Decide how this world will Be build.
Its Not that We are building a metaverse with Games that We build and everybody has to Accept what we Had done.
We build it together. Such discussions are fruitful, including the emotionally heated ones.
This will Be the Essence that makes the daoverse so unique.
We dont build it for the people. We will build it with Them.
We choose a path yet unchosen, but This is what makes it Special and totally gets me going. :fist:

Thank you

5 Likes

Plus ultra

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Good discussion. I would also like to express my opinion. Before that, I would like to congratulate @KuzoIV and @Alchimist for all the hard work they put into so far in making this proposal - DAOverse.

@KuzoIV & @Alchimist, I would like to suggest the following based on your proposal and the comments so far:

To start with, knowing that in order for DAOverse to be a fully completed game it will require additional funding after EGF, I believe it is good to have a backup plan in case DAOverse does not receive that additional funding. Therefore, do you think it’s possible/feasible to still have a playable game (still with a good story, graphics, gameplay, mechanism) that can be developed only by using the requested 823,000 FX? Of course, in the case where DAOverse receives additional funding in the future, you can further expand it.

Something extra: It would be nice to see some additional footage of what you are developing, something more engaging e.g combat system - some action. Also, since Virtual Reality is the future of gaming, it would also be nice if the video could also be exported in 360 for a more immersed experience. Talking for VR - having DAOVerse to be VR-compatible would be awesome :sunglasses:

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hello, thank you brother :pray:, we appreciate it alot.

For first part I believe Patrick have a detailed answer already for that and shortly will followup with answer.

Second part is more into mine so I take it :relaxed:.

Yes it’s possible, I can create atleast such request as pre-alpha gameplay footage (it won’t be as real game and it’s Just for demonstration and testing purposes) I will try my best to make it cool tho :relaxed:.

Saying that we will then also show case new- map in the demonstration we were going to build for such need as combat testing battle ground.

I will export gameplay as requested in two formats non VR and VR compatible.

And to be honest I were waiting for such request as demand of more showcase samples of our work :white_check_mark::white_check_mark: . Thanks to be first one :raised_hands:

So the drop maybe in next few hours or days who knows :grin: these stuff makes me fired up even more haha :grin:

1 Like

Ok Blue, thanks again for the Question.

the big picture:

Yes the DAOverse Full game will need around 10-20M to be on a level that could be compared to a full release in the normal gaming world.

So what can and will we do with that fraction of the budget to create something good?
As i already said we plan to go for incremential release where we build this full package as modular full working stand alone able parts which then will be evolved and expanded in co-work with the community and the expansion of the team, third party developers and collaborations after secondary investment rounds.

in short, we will develop one part after another in dialogue with the community.

the specific picture from @BlueStitch question (first 823k)

As mentioned, the incremental approach avoids the ALL-IN thats normally done in game development.
There are three game projects and the Main NFT Project that will be worked on from the beginning:

1. Main City of Teel
1st increment

1. housing and living

2. Main Storyline

3. ecosystem “buildings” (social services, NFT marketplace, DEX connection, these are secondary increments since it’s dependant on third parties and will be added as soon as available and fitting in the current project phase)

2. DAOverse Arena
Arena PVP with multiple modes:

1st increment

1. Full esport firendly arena PVP, 3d 3rd person, 1v1 up to 5v5 (example WoW Arena mode)
  2. Arena VR mode (1st person arena mode in Duel Mode at first, lesser complexity and slower paced than esport arena)

later increments

1. Tactical auto battler (example Team fight tactics, Battle Chess, Mobile friendly for BOB phone)
  2. Expansion of the Arena modes with different arenas and playmodes/battlegrounds)

3. Peninsula of Teel
PVE campaign and storyline, First increment with linear storyline,

later Increments are open world and revealing other parts of the world. Penisula of Teel is like 1% or even less of the world.

In Short:
The 823k will we used to focus on finishing the first products rather than build the whole world at once.

It is planned to have the stand alone able PVP arena Part game ready as soon as possible, since this requests almost zero World building and we already will have done most of the character work with the NFTs by then.
Saying if we Fail with the sales and coin offering after using all the 823, (I hope that brings a better answer to you aswell @ByteXSylvia) we will still have build a small, but full working competitive Game that can be used and played.
Saying, if FX coin doesn’t crash to zero, the Arena that we already planned at first (working title “blindbox arena”) will be ready with this funding at minimum.

Priorities are:

1. Arena standalone, fullmode and VR mode
  2. Main City of Teel
  3. PVE campaign storyline

since the Arena mode is the most propable to build at first with its reduced needs in world building we start with focus on that.
Teel requires some Kind of World Building and much detail but offers the most services, so we got this on 2nd priority
Most World Building will be needed for the PVE campaign part and the later world exploration. Thats why it will be developed last, but in harmony with the storyline and incremental world building as community.

and for your second question. I start producing a Product review video today and hope to finish it including fighting scenes in UE5 and all planned NFT parts by tomorrow or the day after.

8 Likes

I really like @Alchimist’s latest post that clarifies the first product concept, hence it’s possible to start playing the game sooner than we expect, essentially without needing $10M - $20M to play. David and I discussed at length about DAOVerse yesterday.

@FrenchXCore is correct that the team validator has never claimed any commission delegation reward. At some point the foundation will claim the rewards.

Also correct that fx1lzjus804ufar37qulrwk5xva6f9h3p8wz47hs3 and fx1g7d9ftp6xns5gfsk56j9khpzg2fz7g39nz8pny are foundation addresses for Engineering, Product Development and Marketing uses, while Fx1pgmjd400qfkh6t2hu7gnme47wdj6adwwa2wkam is foundation address for EGF. We disclosed the origin Ethereum address in 2019 in our Governance article.

6 Likes

Thanks, Zac.

As the voting on DAOverse continues, I just wanted to add a few personal thoughts.

First, I think this process of discussing the proposal in the Forum has been super successful. Patrick and Shady have responded to every question that’s been posed to them, and they’ve responded thoughtfully and calmly, even when the questions were at times on the rough side.

Second, up to this point, foundation-hosted validators have not voted on any proposal. That said, delegators to those validators have voted. The thinking behind this was that we wanted the Foundation to remain as neutral as possible. We can discuss this further in the Forum.

Third, with regard to the DAOverse proposal, I wanted to share my personal views. When I step back and assess a start-up proposal, I divide my analysis into two broad categories: one “soft” and one “hard”. On the “soft” side is overall “how do I feel?” about the project and the team. On this side, I’m 100% behind this project. One couldn’t ask for a more committed, determined and passionate team. Moreover, they bring a great deal of talent and experience in their respective fields. However, I believe, on the “hard” side, there are some gaps that I’ve alluded to previously and in off-line communications with the team. I think you’d be hard pressed to find AAA games that don’t have among their C-suite positions a CTO and a CFO. I thought it was telling in the Whitepaper that in Patrick’s bio he calls out an earlier start-up that he participated in that ultimately failed because of over-reliance on a CTO who I think just walked away from the project. It’s not an uncommon story in tech start-ups – and thus, there’s a very high failure rate. My sense still is that in this type of venture, a CTO who is a trusted member of the core team, with shared values, commitment, passion and vision is critical, not to mention one that brings solid blockchain development experience. We have two core team members in the company that built games in their previous startup life. They’re super impressed by DAOVerse, but commented that AAA games need very strong technical backing - designers and engineers need to go back and forth endlessly to perfect the game. With that in mind, AAA game teams need a solid tech team that has ongoing feedback from the core. I’ve never seen it work when everything is outsourced. Likewise, someone who brings finance expertise is, I believe, essential. How are the investments going to be managed? How is compensation of team members going to be structured? How are investors going to be rewarded? What are the tokenomics/economics of proposed NFTs and tokens? I also believe $FX holders (and maybe $PUNDIX holders too) will want to know if DAOVerse’s DAO token will be airdropped to them, and if so, the details. What are the specific strategies for monetization and sustainability and how will they be implemented? Of course everything has its exceptions and, true, there are mobile games that have raised millions in the hype of raise-first-build-later.

This then leads back to my earliest comment on the proposal suggesting that the “ask” be made in tranches. I appreciate the team’s response to this, but from my perspective, tranches provide time and motivation for the team to fill in the gaps. Tranches – and the milestones attached to them - also provide some leverage for the investors to help with course-corrections (markets and circumstances change quickly) and provide additional needed assistance that was unforeseen at the beginning. A reference to MakerDAO and UniSwap will see a similar approach where things are built in tranches, and payments made in tranches too. It’s true that $1M USD for a $10M - $20M project is just 5% to 10%, but I believe things could be refined further. Moreover, Alchemist posted an encouraging message that the 823k will be used to focus on finishing the first products rather than building the whole world at once. So, maybe the first products can be broken down into tranches.

Again, these are just my personal views. I think it’s a great project and a great opportunity for Function X. But in all honesty, I think it needs some tweaking in order to better ensure its chances for success. I want to emphasize that I’m not saying that the current proposal will fail. It might very well pass. Nor am I saying that in the event that the first proposal fails, the second, after tweaking, will pass. I am merely conveying a message that I believe can convince more to vote YES. I DID!

Finally, this process also makes it clear to me that the Foundation needs to improve in terms of giving clearer guidance and guidelines with regard to proposals as well as greater transparency with regard to governance. I also believe some adjustments are called for to the quorum percentage as well as the proposal fee. These will be forthcoming.

10 Likes

I am agree davit benkay

I like your project and i want to support. But i agreed davit benkay. What is the adventage for FX HOLDERS. I WANT TO RECOMMEND that use the $Fx in this project or airdrop or seed inverstors.

Because the thread is so long :slight_smile: Concerning airdrops…
They have talked about it…
“But now that you found out :smiley: yes there will be an early supporters airdrop and benefit program for all blindbox NFT holders AND all adresses who voted for us in the Proposal if its successful :smiley:”
We just need to see what they can do.

3 Likes

Personally i don’t feel the urge of getting any advantage or airdrop or reward or whatever, other then the fact the DAOverse is build on fxcore would make me some sort of proud or so.
To wittness the creation of it all is exciting on its own.
I can sit back and enjoy the game.
If there has to be any valuation, it should be for these guys putting all their effort and time and $$ in building and creating.

And imho, the mear fact that it’s all on “our” fxcore is a benefit for all holders on its own… great usecase, great attention and marketing…what would one want more.

Reading all responses on the good questions and concerns gives faith that it is going to work.

6 Likes

HI cryptowars. At first thanks for your reply.

There are some airdrops planned for fx holders that were already announced.

To say we should use only $FX and by that cutting off the main funding construct, the making our own token sale (and we want to build a fxcore coin) with our own monetarization. That would result in us having to raise the egf proposal by 10 million.

Thanks for the recommendation but I take this as not fully thought through. This just wont work without getting crazy amounts out of the egf. And i dont want that.

We all want that this is build on FXcore (with all the benefits of pulling 10s of thousands new people to fx) and not solana or others where the market is already working.
I dont want to FUD FX here since i am a 1st day investor and holder and will stay fx holder regardless how this proposal ends.
But i have to be honest too… it would be easier for us to get the sales on other chains by far. FX still has zero market for it and we have to calculate that we probably will have only half the sales or less here. 823k fx is just as much as we would earn with a sellout of the pre mint edition.

We tackle two main weaknesses fx currently has, which will profit FX and with it every current holder.
low population and use cases to solve by game and service development, marketing and active community building,
low liquidity and price stability to solve by market maker positions and buyback program.

It is and will be a superb infrastructure, but right now no one would build here without the market of a bigger community. FX is crazy small with 3k adresses. Almost no one knows about FX. We want to change that and our project will draw others here. This is what i as investor dreamt of, since no one wanted to step up and build this w had to do it on our own, me together with @KuzoIV .

4 Likes

I like your idea? We are efforting and support FX for growing. The same thing i am dreaming like you! We must Reaching FX to more people and users. And we must do our best for it.
New users new alternative project like your
Metaverse play and earn and new dapps
Easy and cheap transactions market and contracts. Fxcore is perfect for this. Fx can be a solona! Fx is Big potantial for this.
Finaly want say that. Please look from investor eyes And Save the Fx holders. Give advantage.
Thankyou i want to support your project.
I am watching you closely.

2 Likes

I am very honored to see a metaverse game on Functionx blockchain. Everyday every min i can play game and create somethings in this game.
If is it play and earn and fun. This is realy awasome. And i can recommend this ecosystem to all my friends all my around.! Finnaly more value For Fx and us. Earn to earn.
I am very excited. Everything can be more great

3 Likes

And again, this game would imply an explosion of the number of transactions on the network, of the number of FX addresses, etc.
And don’t forget each transaction in the game imply fees, of which 40% are going back into the “Community Spend pool”. So, the cost shouldn’t be of importance right now… unless we accept to stay at a bare 300-500 transactions per day !! (which is less than any interesting blockchain is processing per second right now [not including ETH and BTC though !]).

We currently have 299M FX bonded (delegated).

@zaccheah also stated that the following addresses were team’s addresses :

• fx1lzjus804ufar37qulrwk5xva6f9h3p8wz47hs3 (30M FX currently delegated, used to vote for proposals 1/3/4/5/6/7)
  • fx1g7d9ftp6xns5gfsk56j9khpzg2fz7g39nz8pny (25.8M FX currently delegated, never voted),
  • fx1pgmjd400qfkh6t2hu7gnme47wdj6adwwa2wkam (21.2M FX currently delegated, used to vote for proposals 1/2/3/4/5/6/7) → EGF
    Total 77M FX
    This means at least 25.7% of the voting power will not vote unless the team votes.

And there’s for sure other team addresses :

• fx15xtp30u054ndnf833jrq4kz4wpvn95zsh9399f (17.8M FX delegated, used to vote for proposals 1/3/4/5/6/7)
  • fx1ftzv705fvyrfmqvnpjhjr0xh56c5jg980q0gul (17.8M FX delegated, used to vote for proposals 1/3/4/5/6/7)
  • fx1j59we8wnp72sna8fjdchpkf0s62m0q9va5yv03 (13.7M FX delegated, never voted)
  • fx19ukzjkag6n4lqgejfu33046qc036rw76thgsqv (12M FX delegated, used to vote for proposals 1/3/4/5/6/7)
  • fx1mtsq7ta90r3xj35q5sq3tcudelkyhzlh8dufzp (10M FX delegated, used to vote for proposals 1/3/4/5/6/7)
    Those single 5 next FX addresses make for 71.3M more FX → if those do not vote neither, that makes another 23.8% of votes lost.

So, for a public proposal to reach the 40% quorum without those 8 addresses (and there’s actually more), you don’t need 40% quorum, but instead 79.4% quorum, which is just crazy, especially considering some people still don’t know how to vote, and there’s no warning on f(x)wallet, no display of proposals on smartphones, and no feature to vote directly from f(x)wallet…

We need to know if the team will clearly vote ABSTAIN on public proposals, or if we need to lower the quorum because no public proposal will ever pass without team’s support (at least until enough FX are being broadcasted into the ecosystem).

Sorry to be that data-driven, but at least, everyone can check those values on the FX explorer… We can’t decently talk about DAO in such conditions.

11 Likes