f(x)Core mainnet public validators : active set

*************************** SUGGESTIONS SUMMARY ***************************
************ FX foundation $FX delegations towards public validators ************

@FrenchXCore:

• Increase delegations towards public validators based on public validator seniority
  • Decrease delegations towards public validators based on decentralization ($FX owned by users detaining less than 1% of total circulating $FX)
  • Increase delegations towards public validators based on participation in $FX ecosystem development (community sharing and help, tools, blockchain dev, tools dev, etc.)
  • Update FX foundation delegations every month or 2 months
  • Increase/decrease delegations based on participation of public validators to governance
  • Reserve 35% of total bonded $FX to delegate to public validators (if possible)
  • Allow one or more foundation validators to vote (up to 15% bonded $FX) based upon a restricted-committee council composed of public and foundation validators representatives with a veto right for foundation
  • Decrease temporarily (1st time) or definitely (2 or more times) a public validator base on downtime and even more in case of jail
  • Ban a public validator in case of tombstone (actually, it’s even mandatory here)
  • Incentivize public validators with bonus delegations in case of active governance involvement

************************ FX foundation validators ************************

• Always keep 2 slots opened for public validators to join in (thru a reallocation among FX foundation validators and decrease of last foundation validators’ delegations)
  • Always keep at least 10 FX foundation validators active with a maximum of 65% of FX foundation delegations.
  • Airdrop FX foundation’s validators commission towards public validators
  • Fund FX foundation’s validators operation thru EGF/community-pool annually.

************************ What else ? ************************

• FX foundation should be able to collect their own staking rewards (to compensate for the inflation of the $FX token)
  • FX foundation should be able to be transparent about the use of the genesis funds (EGF, product & marketing, engineering, etc.) - we still didn’t have any update on that matter since my previous posts of April 2022 (HERE)
  • The EGF as it is used right now (community-spend pool, which is an accepted tax over all $FX block rewards) SHOULD NOT be confused with the genesis EGF fund (endowed with 75.7M $FX) : needs to be fully understood…

— RESERVED FOR FUTURE SUGGESTIONS SUMMARY —

Please consider this as a draft, opened to any suggestions that I’ll update directly in this post.
Then I suggest we discuss with the foundation (@zaccheah , @DavidK ) and the staff.
Please also note that I’m eager to propose a transparent audit of the genesis funds, annually shared with the community. And that point seems paramount to me for $FX value to really take off one day.

Edit 11/AUG/2023 1642GMT : added @Aghanims comments.

4 Likes