F(x) Core validator node setup on f(x)Core Testnet

@l4zyboi @cop4200 did you guys use the snapshot guide? or did you just sync the chain without using the snapshot? and have you already created the validator? or did that return you an error?

Just wanted to touch on 3 key issues here and to clarify some things.

1. Is Fxcloud still in the pipeline and will that be the company’s focus?

Achieving network security, decentralization and stability is the company’s main focus for now. As Zac has mentioned, the team’s focus is on the technical set up of fxcore validators aka the command line interface (CLI). There are a multitude of reasons for this. Each validator is encouraged to run its operations independently, as diverse setups (being familiar with the code, hardware setup, network security, account keys, consensus logic) increase the resilience of the network. The entire technical set up that ensures each validator functions independently as opposed to setting up using fxcloud ensures a more diverse network environment. This will result in greater decentralization and also greater network security and stability. This is aligned with the company’s immediate goals. More information on this can be found here.

1. Why the sudden switch from 100K FX to 100FX? Is the 100K FX to 100FX a directive’s decision without going through any form of on-chain governance?

The minimum self-delegation to be a validator has been 100FX since the mainnet launched. Validators are ranked based on the total amount of FX staked. Only the top 20 will be active validators and only the active validators will be entitled to revenue and rewards. Any form of parameter change on the blockchain will have to go through governance protocol and voting. There wasn’t a change of minimum self-delegation from 100K FX to 100FX. Back then to have a fighting chance of entering the active validator set was 100K FX. For more information on validators can be found here.

1. If I switch validators, will I incur a 21 day waiting period? How about undelegating my FX?

You may redelegate to another validator as and when you want. There won’t be a 21 day waiting period to switch validators. However, withdrawal/undelegating is a different issue. Once you send an undelegate request, the system will log that request and only after 21 days waiting period can you actually undelegate from your validator. During that 21 day period your FX will still be staked with whichever validator you were originally staked with, so you will be subjected to any slashings if there are and also entitled to the rewards during that 21 days. You may refer to our FunctionX docs for more information.

additionally, more information about validators are delegators can be found in the gitbook especially pertaining to

• delegation

• how rewards are calculated

• responsibilities of both a validator and delegator

• slashing conditions

Is this new? I remember undelegating before and rewards stop being calculated at the moment “Undelegate” transaction is done. @Richard

there is a difference between redelegating and undelegating be it through the CLI or fxwallet.

please refer to Delegators FAQ - Function X Docs for more information

Done. Here is the version installed:

name: fxcore
server_name: fxcored
version: master-9fe9dea8474d5540cb649b558add3531faf37b5f
commit: 9fe9dea8474d5540cb649b558add3531faf37b5f
build_tags: netgo,ledger
go: go version go1.17.1 linux/arm64

Synchronized during approx. 2h36…
Of course, my previous private key for “fxcore” network did not work for this “dhobyghaut” network.

So, I created a new key thru fxcored keys add --KEY-NAME--
Got a 100 faucet FX from https://dhobyghaut-faucet.functionx.io/ for this new account (actually, I got a more for different accounts and transferred on this main FX testnet account).

Then, I created a new validator thru fxcored tx staking create-validator --chain-id=dhobyghaut --gas="auto" --gas-adjustment=1.2 --gas-prices="6000000000000FX" --from="--KEY-NAME--" --amount=100000000000000000000FX --pubkey=$(fxcored tendermint show-validator) --moniker="--NODE-NAME--" --commission-rate="0.001" --commission-max-rate="0.20" --commission-max-change-rate="0.003" --min-self-delegation="100000000000000000000" --moniker="--NODE-NAME--" --website="https://forum.starscan.io/u/mdmdmd83" --details="---DESCRIPTION--"

And everything appears fine in Function X StarScan

Looking forward to test further ! Anyway, works fine on a RPi4. I’m updating my GitBook for RPi4 !

Good morning :wave: Setting mine, is fxwallet also update?

Yes, it’s already updated to dhobyghaut. You need to update your android app though !

Is the old Testnet going to be still in use in parallel, or it’s going to be shutdown?

I think it’s going to be shutdown since even f(x)Wallet was updated to use “dhobyghaut”.

it will be shutdown. it wont be used in tandem.

yes be sure to update your respective f(x)wallet apps!

great! i see your validator online and active. anyway just to take note, your you may check your node’s gas price using the command fxcored query other gasPrice. and there should only be one moniker param

Hello Richard,

Creating the validator returns error saying the my account is not on the RPC.

But from what you have explained it makes sense. We must be on the dhobyghaut chain as a validator while trying to use faucet for the old chain.

My only question is how do I make a wallet on the new chain? because running the fxcored keys add did not seem to create it on this chain. I will try again right now see if it works.

As for your question regarding snapchat I did not use snapshot. I just synced normally took about two hours since the chain is only 4 days old.

@Richard,
Everything works fine. However, in f(x)wallet app, when configured in testnet mode, we can’t see our own delegation to a testnet delegator.

@l4zyboi ,
Did you use ‘–chain-id=dhobyghaut’ in your validator creation command ?

Thank you everyone for your support. We were able to get our validator up and running.

We will leave it up and running and continue to stay connected within this forum moving forward.

We are looking forward to hopefully being picked as one of 50 validators on the mainnet.

Here is the validator creation confirmation.

Function X StarScan

1 Like

im able to see my delegation to you

@ClaudioxBarros how much did you self delegate? did you use the faucet and get 100FX only? if you only have 100FX in your token holding account and a tx costs some FX (in your case 0.8FX), then your validator’s self-bonded will be less than 100FX. then you will need to recreate the validator.

to the rest of the aspiring validators, ive delegated some FX to you so the explorer will show a >0% voting power (which showed 0% initially because of limited decimal places).

Thank you sir; now i can actually see a block being validated perhaps :smiley: