F(x) Core validator node setup on f(x)Core Testnet

My validator is up. Appreciate if someone can deligate some test fx to sure it does not jail.
https://dhobyghaut-explorer.functionx.io/fxcore/validator/fxvaloper1ujndqy59r4wpd3g028w4dzef4d6u4lfmuk5vc4

Going to try Ledger, Recovery and other options tonight.

Hi @Richard !
Could you please remind me how the validator node’s APY computed ?
And what was the issue yesterday when everything was crashed ?
Thanks !

Hey @wolfpack64

This issue occurs when your fxcored isn’t up to date. You need to make sure you delete your fx-core folder and download the new 1.7 version then create your keys again… currently if you make the key with the old fxcore it will not be created on the dhobygaut chain…

I was also having trouble getting the testnet chain to load on the wallet. I suspect it has something to do with this.

@Richard

Hey, Do you know if there’s a way to check uptime on the validators? I tried using the app it shows 0%.

did you use the node metrics tutorial? ie grafana?

I IMPLORE EVERYONE HERE WHO WISHES TO BECOME A MAINNET VALIDATOR TO VOTE AND RALLY THE TROOPS TO VOTE!

1 Like

Hey @Richard

I am not sure what you are referring to; I did enable prometheus and I am able to look at the page with all the metrics but I can’t really make sense of most of them.

Also I don’t really see a mention of uptime. The Node Metrics page sort of talks about grafana but doesn’t really explain how to get grafana to look at your validators metrics.

--------------UPDATE------------------------------------------

NVM : https://docs.tendermint.com/master/nodes/metrics.html

Found this. It helped. I think we missed 15 blocks because I was changing a few settings other than that looks like good uptime :smiley:.

@Richard Is there a guide for slashing etc…

2 Likes

Is the node commission calculated on total delegated amount or only the rewards generated from mining blocks ?

E.g. if the node commission rate is 1% and has 100,000 fx delegated for 10% APY. The commission collected will be 100 FX or 1000 FX?

good good! yes the guide for slashing is in the Validator FAQ document under the heading “What are the slashing conditions?”
if your validator has been jailed, you can find out how to unjail it in the document “Setting Up a Validator for f(x)Core Testnet” or “f(x)cored Commands Documentation”

you may refer to the “Validator FAQ” document under the header “Incentives”. will be adding a “how to use the doc” summary soon.
to answer your question in a nutshell is that there are 2 types of incentives for a validator. total revenue=blockreward+transaction fees.
this revenue is distributed amongst the delegators and validator. validators charge a commission on the revenue that goes to the delegators

1 Like

it was just the update of the f(x)wallet didn’t reflect the latest changes but has since been fixed. with a more decentralized network and more independent setups, itll be harder for anyone to just crash the entire network.

Could you please remind me how the validator node’s APY computed ?

you may refer to the “Validator FAQ” document under the header “Incentives” . will be adding a “how to use the doc” summary soon.

Thanks @Richard !!

@LKYBOB your so-called “home node” will be handicapped than public nodes so that we can move $fx tokens from company validators to public validator. That’s what we want, for the community to take strong ownership alongside the company.

Also, validators are expected to make money (not guaranteed) but most people will want to just delegate because they get 99% (or anywhere close to that) of the reward and 1% given to the validator but minus tons of hassle. That’s why I truly respect those of us here that will run validators ourselves!

Also to add, today we will remove the whitelist requirements which means anyone that spin up a Mainnet validator will directly have their validator displayed on f(x)Wallet and users can delegate to you. I say this is the final gate-keeping that we are removing and it’s going to be fully open in a few hours.

3 Likes

Heyy @zaccheah

Is this already live? I can see other peoples Validators; now there are 28 showing. However as I m trying to sync my node It keeps giving me timeout errors… This would occur if we are blocked from connecting to the network via whitelist etc…

Please let me know.

I was talking about public nodes verses codeless nodes, you know the one’s we did for test net and told they will be the first active nodes is how I understood it at the time, I understand the change of tactic’s because of the way main net had to roll out, I just want to know about the codeless nodes, i’m all willing to be a validator but I don’t have the brains to be a coded public node, which is what i was calling a home node I should of used the term public node sorry.

Correct. The nodes will be open to the public at 2.30pm GMT+8 today, 25 Nov 21

It is now 2:32 PM +8 GMT

Can you guys confirm people are able to connect?

Is this something on my end?

---------------------UPDATE-----------------------------------------

Just started syncing. Will update once our validator is up and running !

what is the chain id for mainnet ?

fxcore

These are extra characters to make it 10 so I am able to reply.