F(x) Core validator node setup on f(x)Core Testnet

Congratz everyone !
Our French node will be up and running this week-end normally !
I just want to add some extra security layers…

1 Like

FRENCH AND ROMANS LEND ME YOUR EARS!

I have created 3 separate threads for Mainnet Validators.

1. Technical Support

2. f(x)Core Mainnet Validator Updates

3. General Discussion and Enquiries

This thread will still serve as the main thread for any Testnet related questions. So lets shift the discussion over!

New proposal: Making f(x)Core EVM compatible for Testnet

The process will be as such:

• The team will initiate a proposal on 9 DEC 2021 at 11:00am (GMT+8)

• For Testnet, the proposal voting period is 48 hours.

• By the end of the voting period, a tutorial on how to upgrade your nodes to be EVM compatible will be up

• The nodes will need to complete upgrading by 13 DEC 2021, 10:00am (GMT+8) i.e. block height 408000

• There will be another proposal on 13 DEC 2021, 10:00am (GMT+8) to confirm this change and to initialize EVM compatibility.

• The nodes who have not upgraded by then will not be part of the consensus and if your validator node experiences too long a downtime, it will be jailed and slashed (more on this you may refer to hereWhat are the slashing conditions?”)

• This entire process will be very similar to how an upgrade will be on the Mainnet so do try it out on Testnet!

7 Likes

@orbitant ,
I already published this guide for the Raspberry Pi 4:

2 Likes

Just FYI, testnet validators with these monikers have missed quite a few blocks, not too sure if its just downtime or because you forgot to upgrade your nodes. If so and you would like to unjail them, please do so.

1. France-1
  2. cop4200
  3. Qazu
  4. Dyson Sphere Project
  5. Westblue

ok, will take note. @l4zyboi @FrenchXCore. thought you might want to try out certain processes like upgrading the node and running other tests in a sandbox (testnet), but shouldn’t really be a problem for you 2.

1 Like

Hi All,

• We are EVM compatible for TESTNET!!! for more information, you may visit this post
  • Come and try this fun game (just put together recently as a side project by @IAtheIntern)
  • I have a testnet node for you to connect using whatever browser wallet you would like (metamask would be the most convenient) configurations:

RPC URL: http://47.89.184.165:8545
chainId: 90001
faucet: here

3 Likes

Update 13-1-22
For the uniswap Dapp on Testnet, we have added in analytics/charts.

The gitbook has also been updated.

For more information, kindly refer to this link.

1 Like

Updates 17 Jan 22

• We have added in a gitbook tutorial guide for metamask for EVM
  • With the rest of the guides like using Remix or truffle and hardhat, you will be able to deploy your own smart contracts and ERC20 tokens. You can give the Remix tutorial a go and mint your own ERC20 tokens.
3 Likes

more can be created, the stronger 50 get to be validating blocks, there are some team nodes there if you see still have very little delegations, if you set up a node and have more delegations the lowest one will just become inactive, the team won’t mind it brings on more decentralisation.

4 Likes

One of the validators is retiring due to personal and a career change, and he won’t be able to maintain with his new job. So to add to your clear info, he will be amongst the 50 validators and can build up slowly.

Also note once the validators node reaches 100fx its in active state, meaning creating blocks, only then not before. The minimum fx needed to start the node is only 100fx self bonded.

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t had that information. I will start tomorrow.

2 Likes

To reiterate what @LKYBOB and @Superbit123 have mentioned.

1. you need to self-delegate 100FX for your validator
    more information on the states of validators and the conditions can be found here.
  1. The active validator set is determined solely by the ranking of the total amount staked. The 50 validators with the most total staked are the ones who are designated as active validators . If a validator’s total stake falls below the top 50 then that validator loses their validator privileges: they don’t participate in consensus and generate rewards any more. Over time, the maximum number of validators may increase via on-chain governance proposal. More info on that can be found here.

so essentially as long as you have more total staked compared to this last guy on the list here you will be in the active validator set. (you will need just 10FX more on top of what is needed for self-delegated stake).

im also assuming this question is for mainnet. you can direct future questions for general enquiries, updates, tech support.

6 Likes

Thanks man! I’m preparing the O.S right now, if I have any problem I’ll check the links.

1 Like

Hi, if you have telegram, please contact me to send you validator telegram group link. Welcome :muscle:

4 Likes

EA and Nammy validators have been upgraded now and they’re up and running.

I’ve reported couple of bugs at GitHub with few issues which I’ve discovered.

2 Likes

Alright !!! For everyone who needs to upgrade its TESTNET FxCore binaries over Linux AMD64, assuming your current user is Linux superuser (don’t type in the row numbers) :
→ Rows 01-02 install latest GoLang version 1.18.3) and row 03 allows you to check Go v1.18.3’s correctly running
→ Rows 04-11 update fxcore to latest v2.0.x testnet version
→ Row 12 should show testnet/v2.0.x-b0f3eaee6192734caf46d24c7c69ba07f6a6103b
→ Row 13 runs the service.

1. wget https://go.dev/dl/go1.18.3.linux-amd64.tar.gz
  2. rm -rf /usr/local/go && tar -C /usr/local -xzf go1.18.3.linux-amd64.tar.gz
  3. go version
  4. cd ~/fx-core
  5. git pull
  6. git checkout testnet/v2.0.x
  7. make go.sum
  8. make install-testnet
  9. wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FunctionX/fx-core/testnet/v2.0.x/public/testnet/genesis.json -O ~/.fxcore/config/genesis.json
  10. wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FunctionX/fx-core/testnet/v2.0.x/public/testnet/config.toml -O ~/.fxcore/config/config.toml
  11. wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FunctionX/fx-core/testnet/v2.0.x/public/testnet//app.toml -O ~/.fxcore/config/app.toml
  12. fxcored version
  13. systemctl start fxcored

Waiting for Testnet explorer online to match the current new version… :wink:

2 Likes

For validators on testnet, there have been some issues with the blockchain consensus on testnet, so we would need you to upgrade your testnet nodes.

you will have to stop your nodes, checkout the branch and restart the node with the new binaries.

2 Likes

done :+1:

4 Likes

All set as well…

2 Likes