F(x) Core validator node setup on f(x)Core Testnet

@Richard

Does anyone from the team have any expectations of the future hardware requirements if we reach a network saturation?

I am considering investing in a higher end server right off the bat to allow flexibility as we grow and limit the node downtime event of being required to do a upgrade.

Can anyone from the team comment on a system like this as a starting point?

Please advise when possible!

1 Like

I think for a start and more will be enough for this baby.
изображение

1 Like

Node running and syncing, next step is make the validator, but seems a litle confusing :sweat_smile:

is fine for a node, but for a validator i don’t think so … i have a fue pi, one will be a function x full node

5 Likes

Yes you are a perfectionist however!

But will test in a pi, have one free

1 Like

Is this photo your setup @ClaudioxBarros

looks cool.

Looks like you’ve set the full-node up well. If you refer to the block height, 17675, that is where your node is synced to. Testnet has about 1.2M blocks so this will take some time. You may refer to the gitbook to see the link for the Testnet explorer and you may execute the command in the gitbook to check the syncing status. Catching up: false means it is already synced to the latest block. True means it is still syncing. Once you’re at the setting up validator stage and don’t have enough Testnet FX, you may post both your currency holding and validator account here and I will send some Test FX to you.

The public will not be able to set up any validators on mainnet as of yet, but that is planned for in about a month’s time. Do stay tuned on our Twitter and this forum!

1 Like

That is a very good question and a very forward looking one too.
To put it in context, Satoshi probably mined his first BTC using a CPU. Now the BTC miners are using ASICs, transitioning from GPU and FPGA. And I don’t think people back in 2009 expected the network to be that popular or congested.
Likewise, it is hard to predict the future with regards to our network usage. But for now, the hardware requirements listed in the gitbook are the bare minimum, so the hardware requirements are sufficient for the current state of the blockchain for Testnet validation and should be sufficient for Mainnet in about a month’s time. That being said, it really depends on the network usage which we are not really able to predict.

2 Likes

Kindly refer to the medium article posted above

This should be up in about a month’s time. Kindly refer to our Twitter page for updates.

OK, I finally have a PC back, I setup a Dual booting windows 10 machine with Ubuntu 20.04 system,

I would like to set up for a “CLOUD Node” I have worked out how to open the terminal and understand I need to copy the commands to apply what I want,

Please tell me which Document to follow next;

( Never mind I don’t know enough about programing this is beyond me; I guess I’ll just have to be a delegator until the codeless nodes start; what happen to that option? )

1 Like

Awaiting syncing with network to go next step

Yep, thats some nodes i run in pi’s

So for cloud validation setup via company hosted servers, shall we wait for the full tutorial video to continue?

Would that be the best course of action?

Please note, I am grown man, but please talk to me like a child in this matter, ha.

2 Likes

Any clue when I have to undelegate my fx, to set up a validator via company hosted server? Now? :thinking:

Are u guys undeligating your current stake to prepare for actual validator ?

Intially I thought I would become a validator but now I am not sure if loosing 21 days rewards is worth to become a validator.

Thoughts? U guys think people will move to public validators ? Because they need to unstake first and lose their reward for 21.

Appreciate the inputs.

I am going try a test validator on aws cloud.

Thanks.

Yes, as an option. They said that inter-validator transactions would be added, it might be worth the wait.

@Richard

Just to be clear for myself and everyone concerned, if a person opts to the aws cloud validation route, is that the same processes we did with the testnet few months back before the actual mainnet launched?

Also as Wolfpac64 pointed out, does the 21 day issues need worry to become a validator?

2 Likes

I don’t care of loosing 21 days rewards. My goal is still the same, becoming a validator is and was always the plan. I don’t know if new delegator will move to me but the future looks still bright. Fx core gonna be a decentralized blockchain and we will find optimal ways step by step.

2 Likes