Fx erc20, fx classic & fx 0x

Hi all.

Please remind us if we need to upgrade our validators fx wallet’s address? (i think it was mentioned not necessary…) plz confirm @rickyrickrick99

This info I didn’t see on the article that came about with the new FXWallet 2.0 release.

Others factors to consider, is that:

1. Validators withdrawal of rewards are in fx-Classic. I’ve tried last night to covert them to fx new 0x via the fx-bridge. The bridge told me to shut up, get out of here, it was greyed out.
  • what is in the pipeline to remedy this for validators? (FX swap…)

-Also not tested yet, can we delegate them back? these fx classic withdrawn from validators rewards? What can be done with them thereafter in general? I’ll expand further down.

-Can fx evm coins be transferred to exchanges? If not atm, please describe a warning in dapp (or an article ASAP).

PS. Classic fx coins can be swapped via the bridge to fx-erc20, then transfered to exchanges. However moving forward with this scenario, what does the fx wallet respond to any fx-erc20 coins… You see there is too many loops if we observe, because one might think or try to bridge the erc20 to fx coins, or existing old idle fx erc20 or transferred from exchanges into the FXWallet, therefore the question is;

-does the fx erc20 coins get upgraded by the new wallet update automatically or

-when Bridging them these fx-erc20, what is the fx coin output - (classic or new 0x fx coins?).

Traders maybe interested to know… And that’s something I feel the team may need to focus on, how to go about getting them effectively in exchanges to trade or whatever.

1. For readers plz note, classic fx cannot be transferred to your new 0x address within the wallet.

2. I haven’t seen it yet, but for peace of mind a fxwallet disconnect Dapp feature will be good (when connected to third party Dapps outside of fxwallet).

3. other bugs are APR not displaying (I think a fx 2.0 thread) would be better for some things listed here. I have more things but have to shoot off for now.

@SCENE tagging you here since your tweet is saying to take questions for a FAQ.

1. Should we be advised to remove our old fxwallet beta version? Is it safe to hold on to it. It hasn’t asked for an mandatory update.

-I may consider to use this for validators purposes. Although the apk file is available, so essentially can have the app store wallet version and use the apk version as validators wallet.

Hi @Superbit123, regarding your question about:

Can fx evm coins be transferred to exchanges? If not atm, please describe a warning in dapp (or an article ASAP).

This is the same for all exchanges and other EVM Wallets like MetaMask.

• The user have to know → which network they are sending from
  • The user have to know → which network they are going to receive from

Both networks have to be the same.

MetaMask Example: ( All networks on MetaMask uses 0x format - for your information )

If the user clicks on the Avalanche network and sends $AVAX to an exchange that supports ERC-20
(Ethereum Network) only, their funds will also be lost too.

This is why all wallet users, not just f(x)Wallet’s users, have to know:

• (Sender’s Network) - where they are sending from
  • (Receiver’s Network) - which network are they receiving it from

Both networks have to be the same or funds will usually be lost.

A lot of users make this common mistake of sending over the wrong network - applies to all wallets.

I think everyone is misunderstanding what EVM-compatibility is and what ERC20 actually is.

1. f(x)Core’s address is EVM compatible which means it utilizes the 0x format
  2. Exchanges clearly state that they support ERC20 Network only, NOT the f(x)Core Network

EVM 0x address means it uses 0x address format.
ERC20 means the token and network type.

This means the user has to make sure they send from:

Ethereum (ERC20)Ethereum (ERC20)
Binance Smart Chain (BEP20)Binance Smart Chain (BEP20)
f(x)Coref(x)Core ( Not ERC20)

All of the above uses 0x address format.

→ If you want to send to Coinbase, make sure your $FX is in the Ethereum section of the wallet.

• Coinbase currently supports ERC20 network only
  • Do not click from the f(x)Core section.
  • Double check what network the exchange supports before sending over your funds.

All EVM blockchains use 0x address format - no matter what exchange, wallet, or f(x)Wallet.

• EVM 0x address format does not mean ERC20

Any user can use their 0x address to send to any 0x address, but they have to make sure both the sender and receiver network are the same - this is what EVM-compatibility mean.

This is the same for all EVM blockchains, such as Avalanche, Polygon, BSC, and wallets like MetaMask.

Summary:
This is all about making sure you are on the correct network - both sender & receiver.

Nevertheless, I’ve already informed the team to put a reminder message like:

• Make sure you are sending using the correct network

Extra Note: MetaMask, the world’s most used wallet, doesn’t send any alerts or warning messages at all because the user themselves are responsible for choosing the correct network themselves.

But I guess we can do better by offering a reminder message to “reduce” the chance of human error. Cheers! :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello @SCENE

do I understand correctly:
that I first have to do the internal switch via the bridge module:

F(x)core
:arrows_clockwise:
Ethereum

to get my $FX in the Ethereum section !

Greetings Belgiumguy :belgium:

1 Like

Hi @Belgiumguy ,

Yes you are right.

You will have to bridge from f(x)Core back to Ethereum:
Ethereum 0x (ERC20)Ethereum 0x (ERC20)

Exchanges support only ERC20 transfers so users will have to bridge their FX back first via f(x)Bridge before sending to Coinbase/Kucoin etc.

1 Like

Thank You very much @SCENE for your quick response, now I am sure - Have a great weekend - Greetings Belgiumguy :black_heart::yellow_heart::heart:

1 Like

Have a great weekend too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hey Scene.

Thanks for this break down explaination (with a bonus diagram :blush:). I normally throw in all most anticipated questions (along with any that I have), so we all can be more clearer.

I suppose Richard can tackle some of the other validators enquiries.

So got another one, I noticed one can fx Bridge from fx classic or fx evm and fx erc onto pundixchain option on the bridge. Maybe the team can grey this option out, so no chances of errors there. I haven’t tried the tx all the way through, but it would be good if wasn’t available to even select it. Of course we want to minimise any confusions as much as possible for a better UX.

Hi Superbit, I did some test transfers myself.

Currently, we can send:

• FXCore Network:
    f(x)Core → Ethereum

• FX Classic Network:
    f(x)Classic → Ethereum / PundiXChain

• Ethereum Network:
    Ethereum → f(x)Core
    Ethereum → f(x)Classic
    Ethereum → PundiXChain

We can’t:

• f(x)Core Network → f(x)Classic Network

Another thing I found out was:

Once we upgrade a classic address and we send more FX to the old classic address again:

1. No option to bridge those classic FX to the new EVM address
  2. No option to upgrade again

However, we can send:

• f(x)Classic → Ethereum / PundiXChain

Anyone who buys and send more FX to their old FX address will not be able to upgrade a second time or send to the new EVM address.

Yes, those were my findings too.

1 Like