Idea: The visual brand expression of the PUNDIX eco-system

As a professional within the field of branding I would like to share my thoughts on how I believe the PUNDIX brand can be strengthened through simple visual identity improvements.

THE CHALLENGES WITH THE CURRENT VISUAL IDENTITY

Based on an analysis, the visual identity of the PUNDIX eco-system uses of the following tools:

• A symbol of an X
  • The yellow / black color combination
  • Simple sans serif typography

This selection of tools is quite limited and is not used consistently. Just as an example: the expression of the X varies a lot and can look very different across different parts of the organisation:

Also the lack of a consistent use of a typography and coloring system also creates unnecessary confusion. As an example, please take a look at the different expressions used in the Function X brand universe:

THE OPPORTUNITY

It might make sense from an internal perspective that i.e. FUNCTION X looks different than XPOS, but from an outside perspective it adds to the confusion. I believe a simple and unified brand expression is desired as this would help newcomers understand the scope and complexity of the PUNDIX eco-system.

HOW TO DO THIS?

A great way of doing this could be to take further ownership of the letter X:

• A consistently styled X can be used to link the expression across all sub-brands
  • A consistently styled X that can be designed to work in combination with typography. This can open up for additional ways of working with communication (text based)

The following is my initial take on how this could be explored:

SUMMARY

I think there is a lot to win by simplifying and strengthening the visual identity of PUNDIX. This can be the first step in improving communication and marketing, by making sure the entire eco-system looks coherent and linked.

I hope this post can inspire the PUNDIX team to do future improvements in terms of branding and marketing. I also hope the community here will share their thoughts on this proposal.

If anybody from the PUNDIX team finds this suggestion interesting I am very open to further dialog and discussion. I really like what PUNDIX is doing and if my skills can help out in any way i would love to put them to good use. Feel free to reach out through here or any other social media platform.

21 Likes

Hello @rob, this is actually a really cool thread and suggestion. I like it. I’ve also forwarded it to the rest of the team to check out.

6 Likes

Inspiring :gem:

6 Likes

:clap:t4: Good stuff! @rob

3 Likes

I must say, this makes sense imo and looks coherent across the ecosystem.

4 Likes

Bravo! I really like the uniformity. I suspect some folks in the US especially might mistake things with the television network named FX but otherwise its really nice

2 Likes

Gteat work! Thanks

2 Likes

nice work!!!

1 Like

Finally … someone bought this up :slight_smile: Nice work! … Zac will have space for new tattoos soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Might need to modify the old one as well haha!

4 Likes

@rob :fire: :fire:

It tells me a story that unites all X projects, good job.

This makes sense, congrats

2 Likes

I really like the idea :grinning:

2 Likes

And the 12 points goto…Denmark.
Realy great and well thought out idea.

2 Likes

Very good idea actually!

2 Likes

If you find what you said being implemented, do know the design team took inspiration from you @rob :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow, this actually makes it so much more recognizable!

Hope the team can consider this! That last picture says everything!

People can easily recognize it if a trademarked X is used on all platforms. This is like self-marketing since if it’s the same logo pasted every where, people can and will know who and what it is.

It will be registered in people’s subconscious mind just like Visa/Mastercard logo. Some people have not heard of Visa/Mastercard but recognize their logo.

+1 to this.

3 Likes

hire that guy :smiley:

5 Likes

nice post !

1 Like