Multiple cards in one Dapp

Is it possible on the upcoming pxCard to have multiple px cards but under one account (Dapp)?

Just a little clarifications from anyone from the team to understand how it might work if one chooses to have multiple cards…

1 Like

Hi @Superbit123,

You can:

• Access each card once at a time, by linking and unlinking

You can’t:

• Add all cards all at once
1 Like

so if you lost a card that’s not linked but previously was, would someone that found it be able to link to it or is there a safe guard you install once you had been linked to it before.

Once you unlink it, you or the robber won’t be able to access the unlinked card’s information, so don’t worry.

that only raises more questions; Not worried I’m just extending on SuperBit’s question on how to manage multiable cards, Anyone from the P(x)Cards team got some info on linking & working with multiple Cards, Thanks

Hello @LKYBOB,

It’s good to see the interest in p(x)Card, and as always, we are open to feedback!

I see that you are interested in linking and working with multiple p(x)Cards within the p(x)Card app. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to support multiple p(x)cards together at this moment. The app can only support one p(x)card at a time, which means that users need to “remove” e.g p(x)Card A and link e.g p(x)Card B if they want to manage and view the assets of p(x)Card B.

In regards to the suggestion, will definitely pass it on and see whether this feature can be added in future updates.

Thank you!

3 Likes

The only way I can fugure out is, using a clone app. So clone the whole PX dApp and have a new card assigned to it.

2 Likes

Does cloning an app on the same phone work? That would be pretty interesting if it does.

Yes. This is what I had to result to being a validator. Because you can only have one downloaded fx wallet from the app store per acc right. But this duplication method has allowed to keep things separated.

I’ve even tried out phone clone (which is integrated on my android OS) and actually creates a whole new secure space. Worked very well but I didn’t like using my phone like that so resulted to twin app features. If only we had the multiple account on the fx wallet like trust wallet

2 Likes

Maybe its time to develop many profiles option on the wallet.

To change on the first screen IDs

1 Like

Or have 2 or 3 smartphone😁

1 Like

so if you lost a card that’s not linked but previously was, would someone that found it be able to link to it or is there a safe guard you install once you had been linked to it before.

Just trying to find out if it’s unwise to carry a unlinked card that holds funds

Hi @LKYBOB,

The key feature of the p(x)Card is to securely create, and store the user’s private key and sign the transaction of the digital assets. The card itself is your private key. Loss or physical destruction of the p(x)Card is equivalent to the loss of wallet funds or digital assets stored in the wallet.

If you lose a p(x)Card which was previously linked, it is important to be aware that, in the current version of the p(x)Card, someone can link the p(x)Card to their p(x)Card app.

p(x)Card users can use the p(x)Card primarily for micropayments and not storing significant amounts of cryptocurrency on the card. Users are encouraged to keep their cards in a safe location. At the same time, keeping the p(x)Card somewhere safe, since the p(x)Card is required to authorize the transactions, you can confidently go about your daily activities without worrying about unauthorised access to your digital assets, even if you lose your phone.

4 Likes

This month’s Hash Out is about p(x)Card! Good read that can answer some questions you might have :star_struck: :sunglasses:

3 Likes