Parameter changes for Healthier Governance

Hello everyone!

I’m new to the fx community and I’m thinking of how we can make our on-chain governance an even healthier one.

My proposal is to:

• Reduce the voting period for proposals from 14 days to 7 days

• Change the deposit threshold (min deposit) for proposals from 10,000 FX to 3,000 FX

I’m starting this topic to get a sense of what our community thinks of this proposal. Happy to hear what everyone thinks of this!

Do not delete this part
Disclaimer: This poll is just a tool to get the sentiment around this proposal and it will NOT affect on-chain voting in any way. If your proposal is getting a good sentiment around the community, it might signal that the proposal is good to go to the next phase, otherwise, some modifications might be necessary.

• YES
  • NO

0 voters

2 Likes

I like the idea of ​​speeding it up.
best regards Sylvia

1 Like

Hello, I like the idea of speeding things up but I think it’s too early for us to make the change. It could affect alot of things on our ecosystem

Just to follow up, this will be non-EGF - so the existing parameters for EGF proposals would remain the same.

Also, what does the community think about coming together to fund this parameter change proposal? :smirk:

Then you also should include a change in the the quorum to be met be 40% is high for such a short time going by the current history of voting in our ecosystem.

If that is handled, I’m sure a lot of persons won’t mind joining to support.

the speed up would be nice but right now i would only prefer:
Change the deposit threshold (min deposit) for proposals from 10,000 FX to 3,000 FX

Im afraid of that we wont reach the quorum in 7 days.

We’re thinking of launching this proposal soon, and as it stands, we have more folks who are keen on seeing some parameter changes. Come and vote on the poll above if you haven’t! :slight_smile:

1 Like