Roadmap of deXPOS

Dear Pundians,

Web3 is all about decentralization and it applies the same to payment. We’ve launched XPOS in 2018 while the confirmation of onchain transactions was slow and expensive. Today more blockchain networks are available in the market, offering faster processing time and cheaper network fees. To ensure XPOS a future-proof solution for our merchants, it is also evolving with the advancement of the latest blockchain technology. Hence, by leveraging Function X infrastructure, deXPOS is here to assist the merchants to get ready for the Web3 revolution.

Currently, the deXPOS is under public beta testing and supports Ethereum, BNB Chain, Polygon and Avalanche C-Chain. We’ve already received feedback both publicly from the forum and privately through the one-on-one emails. A big thank you for your feedback! We are fixing the issues we’ve received and heading toward an official launch.

Here is the roadmap we plan to deliver for deXPOS. Please note that not all the features listed below could be delivered in time due to unexpected factors, such as logistic/shipment delay, security or compliance issues but we try our best to achieve.

Q2 2022: the launch of basic features

1. Use f(x)Wallet to authorize the transactions on deXPOS

2. Decentralized cashier and crypto sale modules, supporting onchain transactions on multiple blockchain networks

3. Offer 170+ world currency and crypto exchange rates

4. Filter and process refund of orders with errors

5. Basic management of deXPOS via f(x)Wallet

6. Decentralized XPASS card beta testing

7. Develop independent merchant back-end order management system

Q3 2022: new product integration

1. Official launch of Decentralized XPASS cards (a cold wallet solution)

2. Both f(x)Wallet and DeXPOS support the activation of DeXPASS cards

3. Offer DeXPASS card co-branding / customization

4. Launch Web3 back-end system for XPOS merchants to manage slippage tolerance between crypto and fiat currency

Q4 2022: Incentify the usage

1. Develop EVM for deXPOS

2. Launch transaction mining and incentive mechanism

3. Support point-of-sale devices made by other manufacturers 4. Support mobile devices and release deXPOS on Android and iOS app store

4. Set up the loyalty program

5. Set up community voting for coin listing

6. Set up the mechanism to meet the compliance requirement

2023: Expand the ecosystem

1. Support more blockchain networks

2. Release SDK to support 3rd party wallet, card issuers and online merchants

3. Explore subscription payment model with smart contract

4. Explore new applications for cold wallet

5. Explore the implementation of CBDC if available

As always, we welcome your feedback and comments. And buckle up for the web3 revolution that we bring to the payment space :wink:

10 Likes

:thinking:

This sentence needs to be rechecked/reworded.

Hi !

Currently, the deXPOS is under public beta testing and supports Ethereum, BNB Chain, Polygon and Avalanche C-Chain.

2 comments:

• I think you forgot to quote PundiXChain… Because if DeXPOS don’t use PundiXChain, then we have a serious issue… :slight_smile:
  • I’m definitely having issues with working single-chains and multi-chains. It was my understanding FxCore intent was to solve the multi-chain orchestration. Here, I understand that DeXPOS can be used for BSC-to-BSC transactions, ERC20-to-ERC20 transactions, Polygon-to-Polygon transactions, etc. But what about BSC-to-PundiXChain transactions for example ?

Thanks
@FrenchXCore

1 Like

Am really looking for the team reply to this.

Because only two answers in my mind for it not being there and both are more worse than other one.

Just clarifying more what I preview as investor and supporter:

Pundix chain and fx core both are crucial part of the pundix coin tokenomics if not the main usecase in the Project.

So the mandatory is aiming for ecosystem utility not the device usecase only.

But I understand if no device adaption no utility and that’s sure important.

From my sight it’s better to give starter package with native network support (as it should be primary chain) also it give pundix the usecase it deserves on the xpos device.

I understand & agree to a point all your concerns of the utility connections with FX & PX chain which I’m sure eventually all will be a major fully integration of all things connected to Pundi’s financial package. But I just want to make one thing high lighted; When you buy coins/shares into Pundix whether Fx or PX it’s because you back the company/Project & lucky with Crypto the stock in which you buy can & will have - you could say like a NFT connection - the picture being all that is put together in the project; meaning your risk has connection to every physical real world product, even when not fully intergraded your Fx & Px is the blood that feeds the heart of the project no matter the network it sit’s in or in which way our connections route Fx / Px is the DNA & your directly linked; so if you believe it the project & can see the end game, even though it may always seem far away your largest utility & value behind your coin is the project it’s self. with respect guy’s! ; this is not a dig at anyone I just feel people need to remember it’s the Brand & end game we are backing as well. I’m sure we get solutions as soon as it’s able to roll out but in the name of showing progress connections as we know don’t always fall in a logical order, but know it’s coming; you know what they are building for or you wouldn’t be here.

1 Like

Hey bro. Thank for the writing :handshake:t2:.

Yes I agree with your talk and that’s why am here and am staying here. I never doubted Zac he knows the best to his project.

But having pundix chain added In section of incentives the utility just killed me. Again and again I said when pundix chain promoted it’s promoted as native for the device and why we have to do swap and create the sub-chain.

So I see Pundix chain and fx core is the one to be added before any of other crosshchain modules.

So it have nothing with the order but how the sorting of the list is labeled.

Am sure @zaccheah understand or else I wouldn’t even type this today . I could had stayed quiet.

With that said, I know lots of members including family members who have this question after reading the roadmap around.

Also I understand this a brand and want to have adoption.

We will accept any choice company make and adapt to it regardless since we choose to stay till the end but no more high expectations.

I didn’t want to write too much but also I don’t want to have any misunderstanding on posture toward the project or Zac choice.

2 Likes

Hello! Really appreciate your question, very valid.

XPOS will use Pundi X Chain and will mirror the transactions happening on BSC, ERC20, Polygon and Avalanche C-Chain when we complete the EVM support.
$PUNDIX will be utilized on the XPOS transaction. This has been stated in Zac’s Q1 report AMA: Q1 2022 Progress Report. In Q1 quarterly progress report, we… | by Pundi X (writers) | Pundi X | Medium. More detail will only be available after EVM is implemented on Pundi X Chain which the roadmap has stated the timeline of EVM implementation.

Pundi X Chain is a subnet built upon the Function X infrastructure. The features FXCore supports and developed can be ported to Pundi X Chain.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the mirrored transactions since that will boost activity on Starscan Explorer.

I got a question:
Will the mirrored transaction be counted in the -Total Transaction Count- on the explorer or will it just appear on Starscan without adding to the count since it is just a mirrored transaction.

• If it doesn’t qualify as a transaction count, i would understand since it is using neither FXCore nor PundiXChain.

• If it counts, that would be weird since it isn’t using any of our chain.

P.S. - Starscan Explorer just sounds so good, it jingles my bells.

1 Like

As free use of dexpos by other chains is a legitimate concern, wouldn’t it be better to get even the most minimal amount of PundiX burnt through the process.

As the team has total control over dexpos deployment, couldn’t a mechanism be implemented where instead of:

Direct Polygon-Polygon transaction

The process would be

Polygon-PolygonX-Polygon transaction

Where PolygonX would serve as the intermediary and charge the lowest possible fee
So, lets say for 100matic transacted, .1 matic is charged. For the matic generated from fee:

1. You could burn PundiX with it or the main company could benefit from it
  2. Or just transfer it to the wallet of the merchant (preferred in my view) as it could motivate them and give them more streams of income

With so much hard work you put into bringing these systems to life, the free use policy for other chains seems to be way too big of a concession.

However, we are supportive of the process and hope that this is addressed properly in the next meeting. It would be nice to have more details about the vision and estimation of the impact it can bring towards more adoption.

1 Like

Correct me if i am wrong but any transaction done on the XPOS will have at least 0.5% fee, correct? That fee will be credited into Pundi X P&L balance sheet.

• For transactions not on Pundi X Chain or FXCore, would it be possible to buyback PUNDIX with part of the 0.5% fee to burn and increase the deflation rate?

I understand that PundiXLabs is a company and you guys still need to pay your employees and maintain the company, just wondering if there is sufficient leftover balance to do a buyback.

Since other chains are freely using the DeXPOS, i wonder how it will benefit PUNDIX coin since the 0.5% is credited into the company’s profit but doesn’t do anything for the coin.

1 Like

I think a new article is needed to get all of these fees and burn datas out, regarding both centralized & decentralized XPOS.

Here is how I see it as of now; what’s needed is a xpos merchant answering this, who could answer all of this much better & with experience first hand.

So how I understand it now;

The centralized XPOS has the burn feature of Pundi burnage when transacting on any crypto related transactions. So for Crypto sales of any goods, the merchant gets 0.65% from a total of 1% (can be set between 1% to 3 %) and the rest is burnt by the company either by a buy back or directly off exchanges, it is burnt regardless.

Direct purchasing of crypto over the centralized XPOS has a different fee structure (eg 7%, can be set, and with all parties consensus). This fee is set up between the merchants and distributors. Out of this fee, Pundi gets 1%. I can’t recall if 0.5% from this is burnt and the other half goes back to company developments.

Now to DeXPOS.

So far as I’ve heard @zaccheah say, it will not be possible to burn pundix derived from these transactions, since it’s on-chain transactions directly with other networks, eg polygon to polygon.

What @Riz_Truth mentioned when we tried to find a solutions to charge other non px or fx chain transactions over the DeXPOS. Riz mentioned what we all kinda expect, but not sure if it’s possible…, which is to charge more than the actual network fee. Trust wallet doesn’t charge (maybe because its not possible on other non BSC chains).

Maybe utility is the bigger picture here and my assumption here, is the way the team have to either accept it like how it is for now, a free ride (a tad harse imo to say this, because how do you charge from out side the box (let’s work on a solution for this possibility)), and at the same time the team and the product is building clients, utility, diversity and businesses on-boarding to allow the service this space needs.

This doesn’t mean pundix doesn’t have a usecase, or is irrelevant (I’ve read a comment on twitter last week). The value of Pundix token is still stupidly low, maybe this is the break we needed.

I was thinking if via programmability it is not possible to charge outside of the chains. Then maybe when listing tokens, the said token/coin projects have to make a deal to somehow charge a bit more over dexpos units… And distribute back to PundiX foundation addresses, where it can be burnt/buy back or whatever.

The alternatives is how it is now, they can’t charge. Anymore thoughts here from members of the forum would be a good topic to see if we can merge any solutions.

I just hope I got all the facts correct so far with this comment, going forward with this discussion.

1 Like

What about this, to allow a method to charge fx or px over dexpos:

What if listed tokens gave liquidity, whereby all dexpos can tap into. This way the dexpos units can charge a tiny fraction more on each transactions?

So in essence it works like how exchanges are.

Also adding on top of this, what if Margin X can be connected to the dexpos via that same liquidity pool.

So another way to look at it, is a potential double listing for tokens on either one at a time or both at the same instances (up to projects), on Margin X and dexpos listing, but using the same liquidity pool.

1 Like

So far as I’ve heard @zaccheah say, it will not be possible to burn pundix derived from these transactions, since it’s on-chain transactions directly with other networks, eg polygon to polygon.

Actually they probably can.

For example, if a transaction happens on Polygon, there is still fees involved and part of those fees will still go back to the company, no matter on what chain. The company can then take those profits off those chains and buyback PUNDIX to burn it.

Since every transaction is converted into USD before it reaches the merchants means part of the fees that goes back to PundiXLabs will also be in USD on any chain. They can buyback with it since there is USD on all networks.

So in summary, the company would have:

Polygon USD
Avalanche USD
ETH USD
BSC USD

They can just manually send it to an exchange and buyback, simple.

I saw in the timeline there will be subscriptions in the future. So i’m guessing if DeXPOS becomes one of the main crypto payment solution, PundiXLabs can start to charge other networks if they want to continuously stay on the DeXPOS and will be charged on a subscription based model like Netflix which can generate additional income for the company to expand further and do more things including buybacks.

1 Like

From a POS perspective, there are 2 possibilities.

1) Single network transaction (Polygon-to-Polygon, BSC-to-BSC, ETH-to-ETH, etc.)
You can always charge a fee, but it would involve converting.
For example, let’s say a Polygon-to-Polygon transaction happen.
The DeXPOS could charge a fee in the origin currency in addition to any Polygon fee.
Then, the Polygon-to-Polygon transaction would be recorded on the PundiXChain using that fee, which would involve converting the original currency to PundiX that would automatically be burnt.

2) Inter-chain transaction: (Polygon-to-BSC, etc.)
2 fees would be required : one for PundiXChain, one for FxCore.
A PundiX fee would be required for the same motive as above (PundiXChain transaction replication).
FxCore fee would be required for IBC transaction recording and automatic conversion on FxCore.

That’s how I always understood PundiX and FXCore tokenomics were supposed to work. But it involves work on both FXCore and PundiXChain networks and code.

Regards,
@FrenchXCore

1 Like

Did some research (on El Salvador), it seems that the crypto payments market has now got very competitive.

1. I was surprised when I saw Stripe offering crypto payments solutions. Stripe Payments (very big player on ecommerce solutions) is incentivizing retailers with 75% cashback on crypto sales in El Salvador.

2. El Salvador has developed their own payment system through Chivo wallet with over 3 million wallets activated.

So, the solution from the team seems to evolve Pundi X from POS machines to a payment ecosystem that can accommodate all transactions.

It should make Pundi X offerings much more attractive in the short run. What I am guessing is, fees will be added to other cross chain transactions when the market matures. Right now, it will be difficult to do so.

If we also take the other parterships they have with Verifone, Ingenico and others, it could make Pundi X offering much more lucrative.

However, I still hold the view that at least one of the four: Company, Merchants, Validators/Delegators or Investors (Token Holders) should benefit something from cross chain transactions.

One solution provided above was to record the transaction on Pundi X chain. How does it even impact token burn or benefit delegators/validators? What is the use of duplicating a record of something that already exists on another chain? Maybe, it is necessary to show the number of transactions taking place on deXPOS. I get it but it isn’t providing a solution to Pundi X chain use.

The other way I see is to partner up with other chains where there will be a give and take relationship. So, they can use the system for free but advertise deXPASS (custom branded) to millions of their followers. This way atleast the company benefits from the direct sale of these cards. The richer the company, the more we can expect funding into R&D and marketing.

As @Superbit123 pointed out, it would be nice to get an XPOS merchant’s view on all this. I would add that someone from Business Development side could also highlight the challenges that free use policy addresses. It would provide more transparency in my opinion.

Wish some of this information on challenges faced by Pundi X was communicated properly through an article or AMAs.

1 Like

Thanks guys for clearing some technicalities.

So if it’s possible to charge fees from other network transactions (eg poly to poly), my question is why hasn’t the team made this more clear? or that there is a possibility and its being worked on?

In addition to being a very bullish feature to have on the DeXPOS. This feature can also uphold their burn per use on all XPOS units.

• Is this something in their roadmap (retuning back to the thread?)

• Or is this something for a short time to build up listing adoptions…

There maybe other things here to list.

1 Like

I seen a write up about the Chivo wallet that was popular only because the government gave everyone $30 of BTC, the write up / study says 6 out of 10 people have not used the Chivo wallet again since they spent their $30

3 Likes

This still leaves over 1.2 million users who are actively using the services. That’s greater than 1 in 6 salvadorians. I do see it decreasing over time but a retention rate of 40% is a massive feast to achieve. Even 5% retention after 2-3 years would mean over a hundred thousand active users.

It puts the total expenditure at around $65 per acquisition. Really goes to show how competitive crypto payment markets are becoming.

I think the deXpass cards in combination with the EVM on our network is going to open it right up for us; adoption to spending with crypto is still trying to find momentum there is none really from what I’ve read, there maybe many creating gateways for usage and yes a lot of people are hooking up to the path they believe is what they need or want, but it’s all very much up in the air, you’ll know when we really get it right there will be an explosion; I believe it’s in the cards for us, we just need to keep getting the message out there; Pundi still has the most when it comes to what’s on offer both sides of the fence in paying with crypto or receiving payment with crypto I believe we are the most advanced; soon that will stand out to a point where people 9 out of 10 like ratio will include Pundi systems in their first adopted methods and the others will be a secondary choice, no one in there right mind chooses 1 path, I think we are still very early for 80% of the population but slow for the 20% if you look at it from that angle there is still a lot to be gained & time time for it.

Pundi has nearly 5 years in the real world of functioning crypto blockchain payment system of crypto as crypto; it’s experimentation & regulation experience many have yet to learn about & navigate

I think I am being misunderstood.

There have been constructive discussion taking place between some of us. They are not criticism.