Friends, Romans lend me your ears! And validators, lend me your time!
The long awaited EVM-testnet upgrade with new features and address migration tool will soon be ready!
The process flow will be as such (all time in GMT+8):
- On Thursday 19-May, the team will launch a gov proposal on testnet (this will take 2 days to complete)
this is to let everyone know of the upgrade and vote for the upgrade
- By Saturday 21-May, the proposal will end. If it passes, then everyone has to upgrade their code thereafter
- By Tuesday 24-May, validators who have not upgraded their code will not be able to participate in consensus
- The team will do a check in on Monday 23-May
The feature upgrades and changes will include:
- Delete all old EVM data
- Support for new EVM logic
- EVM transaction type supports EIP1559 fee calculation rules
- Account migration support
- Support WFXERC20
- Support cross-chain functionalities by calling contracts
- fxcored CLI will support adding of accounts with eth_secp 256k1
- Deploy ETH PUNDIX Token, BSC PURSE Token, Tron USDJ, polygon LINK Token
For more information/details, you may either refer to:
The address conversion guide will be up within the next few days, so please be patient!
There will also some changes to the governance parameters. The aim of lowering the initial and total deposits is to allow more developers to launch their proposals which would in turn help us grow our ecosystem.