Update: BOB Phone will not go into production

excellent choice in pursuing software. why work to build new roads when you can just build a faster car and drive on the roads that others have paved?

the cost to design, improve, maintain, a physical POS machine is huge. now that we have the large players attention through a proprietary POS (goal achieved), focus should be on building a superior software and ecosystem.

roll with the changes!

1 Like

The entire reason I invested in Function X was because of the blockchain phone. Are you saying that Function X will no longer do the blockchain phone or no longer pursue BOB? If Function X is dissolving blockchain phone then I think that would be a tragedy to FX altogether. Please inform. Thank you

1 Like

The blockchain phone Software is still on the table and seen in the roadmap.
The Bob phone was only a showcase to animate big companies to use the Bob Software.

Though it may be produced to a later not yet known date.
More Important for the ecosystem is the adoption of big manufacturers. And that is still on.

1 Like

But we must be honest here, it wasn’t just a showcase for big companies, it was in fact supposed to be produced, hence a pre order and funding campaign that did not reach the traction sought.

I understand, as do others that moving towards software is a possible next move, but there are a lot of individuals, including myself, that invested in functionx, exclusively due to the phone.

1 Like

they don’t have to move towards software; it is software this is 95% on pundi system model - software tech development!, pundi was never invested in becoming permanent hardware builders, the hardware was proof of work, BOB will most likely be launched in a new model of of an existing manufactures device later; have faith Pundi will always continue their developments

2 Likes

that bob phones would be a super nice premium reward for pundix / fx hodlers…
purchaseable only with the reward tokens like disussed in this post here @zaccheah

Zac: Proposal for a Pundi X Reward token

1 Like

I agree. I think that removing BOB altogether was a bad move. 1. It made Function X look really bad. The only reason why I invested was because of the BOB. I almost feel lied to. Also your point was perfect. I sold most of my function x. I’m also thinking maybe I should sell everything.

I dont think the marketing team has enough skill to make this happen. I agree 100% but I’m not so confident in this project anymore.

It’s amazing to me that the supposed “Leader” of this project cant even respond to the people in this forum. Doesnt look good at all.

@zaccheah responded to query on BOB Phone promptly in this forum.

The two main reasons that BOB phone will not go into production are

1. Insufficient pre-sales order volume,
  2. Disruption in factory production.

The project is on hold pending successful fx mainnet launch and performance.

2 Likes

He does and you’ve made your point. Chill.

3 Likes

if you follow this reasoning Bitcoin would never have been anything, because Satoshi Nakamoto disappeared. This team is working as hard as they can, even more.

If you want something to grow, instead of criticizing it, it is better to support it and improve it. Just don’t look at the price, it will come.

Regards!

3 Likes

Hi, a marketing team dosent build a project, just make hype as most projects with no product or usecase.
no the case of pundi x and function x that as working product in real world.
All this hard work on build a real product and usecase will bring the rewards as crypto adoption grow.
As we are seeing with el salvador as exemple.
this is not a hype token/coin. the picture is a lot bigger.
Who as the patience to hold will be fine

2 Likes

Anyway, the focus always been the software, not the hardware

1 Like

https://twitter.com/DavidBenKay/status/1420998312631570434

3 Likes

There are other companies growing fast.

No one knew of lighting network. Well that’s now changed. And it’s actually becoming the talking point instead of PundiX. Amp as well. Oh and crypto.com and now everyone today is talking about coinify that was acquired by voyager.

Marketing is very importante.

Thing is, people have built amazing things for centuries. It’s the companies with strategic marketing team that encompasses the adoption by doing ground work education.

It’s not about shilling. It’s about achieving a working marketing team on the ground to educate businesses and the public.

5 Likes

That last part is exactly it.

You can build amazing technology but if no one knows about it then it’s purpose might go unused or unadopted in favor of something with a potentially inferior product or service.

Education and awareness is at least 50% of the battle…

Consider the case of Nikola Tesla.

History tells us a lot and should be learned from.

3 Likes

I agree with the last 2 posts here. Marketing is not for hyping it up at all unless you do it specifically for that purpose.

3 Likes

he means the FX core needs to be secure, BOB software can be be installed on other manufactures devices, Covid made producing of the Test model to difficult, the future of BOB will be in a popular phone manufactures Devices and obviously for the Bolock chain Phone to run on It’s own Blockchain the blockchain has to be fully running and secure Right! which is very close now

i think the thing was that fx could have easily handled the 5k bob phones but if a big manufaturer prints fx onto like a few million devices in a year then we have to be ready first… for that we need fx phase 3 so that the power of the decentralization can support this demand… fx must be ready to implement every phone as possible node, thats millions of node in one step… thats more mnodes than every other blockchain ever created have combined…
you mus be ready for this before just launching it

1 Like