What should we call our DEX?

Name it Sky-Xwap
Afterall, sky represents galaxy, etc. An unlimited opportunity to swap various tokens just like the universe. Plus the moon is in the sky and FX to the Mooo…n!! @zaccheah

F(x) SwapXuniverse

actually universe is to close to uniSwap

World-X-Swap Planet-X-Swap

Paladin.

Simpleswap. Keep it simple. SimpleXswap?

MetaX-swap a taken from the metaverse that seems to be so popular now.

to close the metaverse, to many things going to say metaverse soon and the dex is not in the metaverse

@zaccheah
the last one JL23 come up with would be a good one if you were to be the first to supply a DEX in the Metaverse

already one to close to that

InfinityX-Swap

I suggest FXSwap.

Functionxswap

I prever to have some overlap in brand names, right now there is a lot of scatered bramds that each need to build from 0, use the foundation you have and grow that. We already have our hands full in explaining what
Pundix ,functionx ,xpos, purse ,nxpsxem , cryptobnk, And many other terms inside the px/fx enviromemt, and are and that there related.

Just like f(x) wallet it is clear that its part of fx.
Look at binance, they paste that name in front of everything. Pancakeswap has pancake coins, kucoin has kucoin app and kucoin coins. Dont get me started on apple calling everythimg i-something

Please stop diluting your brandname with creating new names for everything you make, and instead embrace it and paste that on everything you can.
Make clear what is part of your brand, it automatically signals to customers that this is trusted through assosiation.

@zaccheah @DavidK @Peko

Those wondering what i k ow about branding, got both a bsc and Msc in business and managment, along with 17 years of owning my own businesses, and doing branding consulting on the side.

7 Likes

I like Universe, but let put a X on it.

UniverXe

What do you think?

SpecialFX
SpecialFXDex

if we really wantto use universem than I really suggest to use FXuniverse or FunctionX universe

Or we can just pick a cool universe name instead of putting anything relatable to FX.

Feel free to pick the ones i listed or if you guys have more universe / greek gods names.

I feel that we need to pick a name that can stand out and not be so generic - greek gods names are pretty freaking cool and catchy, just like titan movies etc. It has always been a big hit.

thats the exact problem i explained a little up, branding is key, and part of marketing, if you dilute the branding with a 100 diferent names in one small company it becomes impossible to see it a one whole for consumers and impossible to market effectively

1 Like

Well pancakeswap has totally nothing to do with Binance / BNB but it rocketed.

Same for uniswap sushi swap adax and many more.

It all boils down to how well the marketing goes and whether it can catch people’s attention. The name itself plays a big part.

We shouldnt see the DEX as part of Function X company. It is supposed to become the main DEX for fxcore so it doesnt have to have a name relatable to FX at all tbh.

again, read what i wrote, pancake has its own same named coin, binance parks its name in front of everything, apple markets everything with a ‘‘i’’ in front to make it recognizable,
marketing 101, keep the name recognizable to your brand. how well marketing goes does not matter if everyone already recognizes that the dex is part of fx, this way you already have a wider base. in fact reusing the same brand name on everything passively marketets itself. Simply starting with yet another name means we must start all over again with marketing from 0. it dilutes the brand, and increases the marketing needed for everything. it also looks inconsistent and messy, which subconsciously people will pick up on too, if people pick it up at all cause it would be a new brand nobody heard of.

3 Likes

simple and easy: Functionxswap

then the easiest would be f(x)Swap or FX Swap

Just like I had mentioned above , having the suffix Swap is a must in order to make it easier to understand and it has been standardized. Beside that, using FX Swap might not be the best idea as when you google “fx swap” you will get results relating to foreign exchange (fx) swapping so it will be hard to have our results on there. It can be something random , because funny random names get a hype :slight_smile: Simple. And also just like someone said above it does not have to be directly related to our brand name. However it’s success will imply a success for function x. We can call it something funny i mean even Banana Swap might work haha. (there is probably a banana swap out there i know it ). But point is lets make it fun because fun things get a hype.

Its not that i dont like other suggestjons, but right now it is a key moment to do our marketing and creating a coheivive brand. If we now again create a new project name this comunity and its brand split over 3 different projects and px/fx are not the size of p&g or unilever to afford that

2 Likes