f(x)Variable Public Alpha Program Now Available

As @CelsiusEverett pointed out correctly, we will also have our UniSwap-ish DApp. f(x)Variable is has 1)orderbook 2)perpetual which UniSwap does not have. They are quite different.

3 Likes

I give you my point of view:

1.- Centralized exchangers:
Everybody knows all disadvantages of them. However, we can trade coins between different blockchains.

2.- Decentralized exchangers (Uniswap and Pancake):
One problem with them is the high fees (like Uniswap).
Other problem is the amount of transactions per second.
Finally, they only allow us to trade coins of the same blockchain.

What I would expected from FX Variable in a future is to have a DEX with good points of centralized exchangers but solving disadvantages of decentralized exchangers:

1.- Having the possibility to trade tokens between blockchains.
FX blockchain allows cross-chain transactions. Great, use it for trading coins in DEX.
Have the possibility to exchange FX-MATIC, ETH-BTC or PUNDIX-TRX for example.

2.- Low fees
Currently, to exchange ETH-FX in uniswap is not very appealing because of high ETH blockchain fees. I would love to trade ETH-FX pair in FX Variable, for example.

3.- Transaction per seconds
Of course, the incredible speed of FX blockchain could be a differential aspect to raise FX Variable as the main DEX worldwide.

4.- Synthetic assets
I understand your point of view regarding the settlement date, but why not to think big and create tokens that replicate standard values (AMZN, AAPL…).
In one side, it is something that already exist in crypto world nowadays with other values. There are cryptos replicating USD value, GOLD value… and even, there are cryptos replicating other crypto values like WETH, BTCB.
On the other side, along these years, Pundi X project has created new tokens when it has been necessary like FX when you wanted to develop your own blockchain or PURSE to have a token reward. Why not to create now for example AMZNFX, AAPLFX or TSLAFX. It will be funny to see Elon Musk holding TSLAFX…
In my opinion, it is a great opportunity to launch these replicating tokens and it should be other differential aspect of FX Variable wrt the rest of CEX and DEX.

5.- IEO
I would also take the advantage of DEX to promote and launch new project coins. It is an opportunity to reach new agreements with other projects from their beginning and also to add extra functionalities to FX Ecosystem.
For example, yesterday DAOVerse proposal was rejected due to quorum limit but almost all voting users wanted to see DAOVerse in FX Ecosystem. Now, I suppose that DAOVerse people is going to search fundings in another way to develop the project. Maybe, a good alternative for them to develop the project and for FX to have an AAA game in FX Ecosystem should be to launch an IEO in FX Variable and finally be the first CEX/DEX in trading DAOVerse token/NFTs. FX community and FX team could collaborate in the funding. @Alchimist
This kind of IEO could be an alternative to not only use the project team FX reserved for new FX Ecosystem developments, but also involving FX community in the funding of solutions like DAOVerse and obtain profit from this collaboration in terms of new tokens or NFTs.

To sum up, from my point of view, FX Variable should not be a supplement neither an alternative to Uniswap or Pancake but being a Uniswap/Pancake killer. Based on FX blockchain capabilities, FX Variable could be the future DEX top 1… and also it will help to rise up FX price.

@zaccheah @DavidK

4 Likes

Hi Devs! Today I have a problem with incorrect balance display. As you can see in the screenshot, my profit on two positions is more than 20,000 USDT. However, the balance is 99494 USDT.

This problem remains after the page is reloaded and the wallet is reconnected

1 Like

I have been playing around with the dex using delta neutral strategy and just earn from the funding rates so I’m not in any directional risk.

My total assets is now at $252k. Is this right or a bug? Wonder how it even went from 100k to 250k.

My current positions are in profit.

1 Like

Hi, could you show your order history? In particular, if funding fee payments have been made to/taken from your account?

Nice returns, mate! Achieving a 152% gain with a delta-neutral strategy is no easy feat :slightly_smiling_face: We had funding rate spike to astronomical levels on Monday, so it’s likely you got your payday then. We’ll restrict this moving forward and might even consider amending the computation of the funding rate.

For details on the funding rate calculation, please refer here.

3 Likes

Ahhh no wonder. Was wondering how or where the money came from. Didn’t expect it to be from the funding rate :rofl: I won’t say that I don’t like it though, seeing more profits make me a happy man even if it’s testcoin.

Played abit with terra Luna mirror protocol before and their funding rates have reached 3 digit percentages before too.

1 Like

you get all from me :sweat_smile: Leverage trade have halved my balance :laughing:

My earnings is not from longing or shorting actually, it is the funding fee. To not lose any capital or at least minimise it as possible, I just play delta neutral.

I mean this

FB/USDT

Position ID

1429-…w32ux

Type

Funding Fee

Amount(USDT)

Gas Fee(FX)

Trading Fee(USDT)

Date

2022-01-24 15:35:01

I pay somthing like this many times :sweat_smile: i have to learn how leverage work. When some make a Video to learn this for me very helpful :relaxed:

you need to make high-quality video instructions for learning how to work with tools

1 Like

this needs to be fixed by the developers, there should not be any similar errors, when updating or doing some 3 actions in the device, disconnected occurs

Hey @BRIACASH_COMMUNITY, rest assured we’re aware of these issues and are doing our best to fix :slightly_smiling_face: For the connectivity issue, some users have raised that they need to reconnect whenever the phone goes to sleep. As a current workaround, you can delay your phone sleep time while trading on Variable.

Happy trading!

2 Likes

Houston, we have problems.
Closed the short, the USDT balance did not increase.
dex12me90py6dj2dgp0k3kwn7x22mf6ke4e3c6k6va

here are my latest steps

balance for today

maybe I’m wrong, but it seems to me that a million has gone somewhere

I’m broke😂

congratulation :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hey @Blanko, thank you for raising this issue. Your actions actually caught our team’s attention—it’s nice to finally put a face to the wallet address :grin:

Checking through your trade and balance history, we noticed that you closed your TSLA/USDT position but did not receive any USDT balance. Prior to that, you executed several outsized shorts on AAPL/USDT. Your short AAPL/USDT position (of almost 86K units) was liquidated shortly after when the price rebounded. Pretty bold moves!

Do allow me some time as I check with the team, and will get back to you with more clarifications. Cheers!

1 Like

I can think of three modifications.
-Every time you click on one of the open (or closed) positions, the chart for that stock appears (I think someone has already commented on this).
-Possibility of expanding the information on positions, open and closed orders by reducing the graph and vice versa.
-Other types of orders, not only with marked price. Market orders, stop orders (to manage risk) and trailing stop orders (for example, 2% below the high, but changing if the high rises).
Thank you.