Funtion X youtube presence kickstart Proposal

I did;

Just like I always have;

But no there is nothing purly about Pundix or FX;

I wasn’t interested in chatting to you; Your a clown who shits on everyone elses ideas;

I was giving encouragement to the original post;

If most of 100k is used for giveaways I am ok. Otherwise 100k is bit much

1 Like

I’m really surprises and disappointed with what I’m reading right now.
We’re talking about 100.000FX (roughly 50 k$) for the production of 150 (non-monetized) videos !!!
Do you know how much it costs in the sector to réalisé only one 3-minute video ???
Of course, the proposal is not perfect and this is the right place to discuss it (themes, subjects, duration, intro, validation conditions for each step…).
I, as a membre of the community of a decentralized project, am eager to ear more constructive arguments to help Richie to producer better content.

3 Likes

Richy, could you try and elaborate a program of work?

2 Likes

I am afraid that would not work, please understand that proposals that take serious time investment (more than a year to see to completion, just using 2/3 videos a week in this example) also need to calculate wage.

Thank you for the support, yes, many people don’t know the cost of video production and the amount of resources and time that consume.

There is a lot to cover so I just start:

My goal would be to upload around 2 to 3 videos a week, a bit depending on how much is happening and the difficulty of making the specific video.
The videos an be split into two categories, Informative and attractive.
informative videos are meant to update Function X and Pundi X users and the existing base about what is happening without having to read every post, hashout, and social media channel. think the hashout readings, news updates, tutorials and zac watch videos.

The attractive videos are meant to attract new people to Fx and px, this will be done through making videos that promote specific parts of fx and px, and financial knowledge videos, which I then relate to fx and px. (please understand people are more likely to check out fx and px through indirect mentioning than blasting them with ‘‘GO INVEST FUNCTION X’’ I got to experience this though working in PR for a obscure software) for example I am planning a video talking about compound interest on savings, and than relate that I am doing this on delegating with Fx with examples.
The giveaways will be at the end of the other videos (though I am still hammering out the details on how to run/allocate this)

If given the fund I can also invest in a decent quality capture camera and make product videos. (including stock footage that would look nice for as gifs. This would include demonstrations, but also things like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8yK8YGRxgM (note the equipment and creative use of cheap object to reach effect)

Please note that it is my goal to be frugal with any equipment purchases, but that certain things simply have a base price. same goes with time invested in production. the more time invested the more polished the product. the key is whether I try to finish a video in 3 hours cause I also have a life and need to work to pay my bills, or whether I can produce over 24 hours for 1 video because the bills and needed equipment are covered.

Also note that after getting the fund, there will be a period of increasing quality instead of instant total change, this is the result of having to learn how to use and set up software and specific equipment as this stuff is not plug and play.

3 Likes

Thanks Richy for your exhaustive response.
Two things however:

• as a program of work, i would like to see a preliminary list of video titles, and their format (intro, duration, outro)
  • have you ever envisioned to work with specialized digital media university cursus (I know at least on in France on this subject) ? They might be interested to involve their students on that latter (for free).

I also think each video script should be validated by the team as a first step.

Thx.

2 Likes

short one first, not thought about it yet, gave it a thought, but think it is going to be a rather large operation to also involve other nonrelated 3rd parties. I also think it is going to cause some issues in terms of how this kind of stuff works in the NL, no uni will lend out students for free anymore, so that would be an extra cost, also not sure about employment law, even for using students there are still laws on that, again increasing costs and paperwork. So i would leave that as something to look at further down the line.

The Tutorial and hasout videos and will straightforward, title wise, just naming as it is (like I am doing now) both will have a short welcome, the reading and discussion or short explanation and than step by step usage guide. both then an simple like, subscribe, check out a relevant video outro.

Note that especially the attractive videos will have titles that can even change, this to see what works for the channel in getting people to watch, this video is a pretty at explaining what i mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2xHZPH5Sng the term to look for is “truebait”

In the next few days I will make a more detailed list and (gonna be a bit of work)
Again thank you for your feedback, its great help on what I can further communicate in the proposal

Isn’t that the purpose of the official YouTube channel to promote FX? They’ve already wallet tutorials (how to delegate, etc), so why to duplicate topics?
So after you receive a start fund, you will produce 0 videos?

My tutorials go into more depth, and are basically part of the total package of making the channel a trusted 1 stop shop for basic but in-depth info of the project and how to join. there not as polished as the teams video, but thats something I can do once the channel has funding.

please check:

and https://twitter.com/Richyshadowlux
I have been quite busy for the community, and already working on the channel, I hope that does gain some trust.

I am currently working on a more itemized list of videos I am planning to make when getting the funding, look out for that in the upcoming week

2 Likes

Great work! But if you own the rights to the channel and the money paid by YouTube are your proceeds, it should not be funded by FX funds.

Youtube does not pay anything at this time, and a long time to come, additionally, when/if we reach the point that the yt partnership is possible, the amounts are tiny. A youtuber needs milions of views to be make any noteworthy income on youtube.

Agreed, but it’s about the ownership

Big no for me
Better pay other youtuber who have many subcriber and have many twitter follower