Ongoing Discussion: All things f(x) Wallet Beta

Starting to get lost here and there within the wallet. That sense of lost, always returns with discomfort and unintuitive like.

I do have a suggestion however, the activity or history is not easily found, whereas it could simply be after selecting any asset such as under:

my wallet > bnb > then pop up to include history / activity for that token. Not just send or receive option when tapped.

Or simply have another tab next to:
assets > nft > activity at the top…

At the moment its retrievable only under the new
manage setting button. More paths to it can be helpful for newbies.

More pathways also helps when changing addresses.

Also within the history (previously named activity I believe) can also include filtrations eg, selecting a specific chain history, time, date, etc

1 Like

Under “my wallet” the actual chain that the users last left of from is not easily visible, perhaps adding some colours to highlight the chain it’s set on, eg BSC or fxcore.

Yes, maybe add a button where users can easily toggle between “simple/advanced” view. Simple view would have all the basic features available while advanced view would provide access to more tools.

The current stable version is easy to navigate. I wish I could say the same for the beta version. Its quite easy to find oneself confused and lost when navigating it for the first time.

2 Likes

Also I think Variable/MarginX could be highlighted more at the top somehow. Over time, once more chains or addresses are added, how does the team design planning allocate the exchange Dapp? At the moment it’s bundled within the tokens/chains on the landing page.

Maybe we can add Margin X next to “tokens” on the landing page. And maybe the inclusion on Dapps as well… Maybe that is the idea already…

1 Like

That’s the point exactly, even as experienced users we are somewhat confused, or lead to some form of confusions. New users will struggle to gasp it and get frustrated imo.

If it’s not simple and spoon feed these days, people lose interest very fast.

1 Like

Just curious, does the wallet design team have other early templates or team concepts, that they can share with us, that didn’t go into production.

The communities have to give a very good give way for this. It will go further in the future will be dear to everyone.

Hi !

I’d like to post a suggestion.
I’ve been analyzing the f(x)wallet applications (Android), and it appears there’s no way to directly link a “Scan QR code” intent directly from a browser when using Wallet Connect.
To explain it in further details, currently, the only way to vote for a proposal is to use a browser from a desktop computer browser, click connect, it shows up a Wallet Connect QR code, open f(x) wallet on your mobile phone and scan the code. If we were to do this for any action requiring to validate a transaction, it would be a real pain.
What I suggest is to give the possibility to a user to directly open the app to connect or validate a transaction by integrating seamlessly with wallet connect, or at least to offer the possibility to open the app directly by clicking a button.
I noticed there are 2 intents currently coded which hardlink the f(x)wallet to a browsable URL : fxdapp://navigation and fx://redpacket. But it just opens the app. What I’d like is to point directly to the QRScan module for example → “com.pundix.functionx.acitivity.QrScanActivity”, and thus to add the modify the following in the AndroidManifest.xml file.

1st implementation (pretty easy): Open f(x)wallet QRCode scan by clicking a fxdapp://scanqrcode link
Replace this:

<activity android:name="com.pundix.functionx.acitivity.QrScanActivity" android:launchMode="1" android:screenOrientation="1" android:configChanges="0x2214" />

with this:

<activity android:name="com.pundix.functionx.acitivity.QrScanActivity" android:launchMode="1" android:screenOrientation="1" android:configChanges="0x2214">
	<intent-filter>
		<action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
		<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
		<category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE" />
		<data android:scheme="fxdapp" android:host="scanqrcode" />
	</intent-filter>
</activity>

2nd implementation: A bit more difficult
When on a mobile device, offer a “login” capability when clicking a button on a website in order to login directly from the f(x)wallet app. Because it’s hard to scan a QRCode from a mobile device when the QR code is displayed on the same mobile device. The Maiar App from Elrond provides a very easy integrated solution in that matter.
It would be even greater if we could directly specify the blockchain to use using for example:
fxdapp://login/bsc or fxdapp://login/pundix or fxdapp://login/fxcore or fxdapp://login/polygon or fxdapp://login/eth

Thanks.

Regards.
@FrenchXCore

Edit 24/APR/2022 21h22m : it would be nice to have a f(x)wallet WalletConnect Registry entry

5 Likes

Staking Issue

I am aware staking has ended for a while now and I read through all the rules and instructions well before I staked my PUNDIx. I am also a certified AV/IT professional so I am 100% tech savvy.

When staking originally ended I had about 12 FX tokens that was going to cost over $200 in ETH to claim and of course anyone in their right mind would not have spent $200 to get $5. I did not claim those because the gas fees were too high.

I have been waiting since, for the rest of the FX to be “unlocked”. No where in the literature did it ever say that if you didn’t claim the first unlocked amount the rest would not be unlocked. At least, I never saw that expressly stated.

Over the past few months since the staking ended, I have tried to put in request and am always first in queue but never do I get an agent. I left the queue open for hours once and still first in queue with no response.

This feels like I wasted a bunch of ETH on gas fees to receive nothing in return.

1 Like

Thats how the smart contract was set up. I remember discussions were held telegram and twitter. The information was pretty clear at least for me.

People were encouraged to make the first claim and discussions did take place about the eth gas fees. Warnings were given for those that did not make the claim.

For more information you can read the articles on medium.com or https://support.functionx.io/hc/en-us/articles/900006289523-f-x-Wallet-Staking-A-guide-to-staking-FX-and-PUNDIX-for-FX-tokens

It clearly states "For claiming staking rewards , suggest to claim once at the staking rewards ended time( on 16-21th June, 2021) , and then claim all of the unlock rewards before 5th Dec 2021.

All remaining unlocked tokens shall be claimed before 5th Dec 2021 or else all unclaimed unlocked tokens will be forfeited."

Anyways, I hope someone can help you here.

2 Likes

I read what was in the app. It didn’t say check anywhere else. I was clear about all which you referenced but nowhere did I see, “if you don’t make the first claim your locked tokens would stay locked”.

I was not able to claim the full amount because they never unlocked. So if this was the case, it should have clearly stated that the locked tokens would not be unlocked unless you made the first claim.

Why on earth would I have paid over $200 to claim $12 worth of unlocked tokens? My thoughts were, I can just wait til they all unlock and claim them before the deadline. The rest never unlocked before the deadline and that is not mentioned anywhere in the rules in the f(x) Wallet.

Thanks for responding my friend.

It was clear since beginning, the first claim was mandatory

2 Likes

Hi @sirchozen !

I can tell you that it was very clear, since the beginning, that you had to claim at least once in order to unlock the 5% per week per pre-staking contract. It was even advised to claim once at the beginning, and only once more before the end of the staking contract to avoid spending fees every week.

Why didn’t you ask the question on this forum, on Reddit or on Twitter ? I remember explaining to plenty of people on Reddit that they had to do it because they did not read the procedure thoroughly enough.

Anyway, this pre-staking period hit hard on everyone with such ETH fees. Looks like we were not very lucky on this one…

Now, you know about this forum : we, the community, won’t hesitate to bounce on every legitimate question to help everyone… Hope to see you again around here !

Regards
@FrenchXCore validator

Because I was not on any of those platforms. I downloaded the wallet according to the instructions in the Pundix wallet and read through the instructions completely. Nowhere in the wallet did it say anything you mentioned and I should not have had to go anywhere else to get that information other than the wallet where the instructions were posted and the staking done.

I also reached out on the wallet and never got a response. Even today if you try to contact anyone, you will get a bot that will say that it will get a live person, but I have left the app open on that screen for hours with no live person ever. It was only after I started searching for others who may have had this issue that I got directed to this forum.

I find it hard to understand how everyone keeps saying it was clear when it was not mentioned in the wallet where the instructions were given. That should have been the only place necessary to seek answers. Or those instructions should have said look on Twitter and Reddit, which it did not. I read through them many times trying to see what I missed.

Hello.

This is a screenshot from the fx wallet help support page. Right at the bottom of that help article (published 24th March), it states what was needed to be done to initialise the Staking contract, or otherwise it will be lost.

Sorry to see this happen, I’ve personally had a few mates lose out, due to eth circumstances, and some even missed the initialisation period, which was a lengthy period of time to start the process.

We can move this topic over to the “question” thread if needed further, to not disrupt the flow here. Regards SB.

NB. For future references, the team reading this can always ensure all information is available ASAP in the fxwallet, to highlight visibility/clear instructions, esp to those only using the wallet.

1 Like

So with the new dexpos roadmap, it seems we can have the UI main landing page (currently named overview) in categories;

-Assets
-deXPASS
-MarginX
-deXPOS
-NFT
-Dapps
-Browser

Also suggesting maybe can use the quick side scroll menu tabs, such as the one we used predominantly on the past version.

Or maybe the free flowing Customisable tile layout (all chains page), such as the screenshot below.

It needs to be quick and snappy imo, and get to where you want without much troubles.

It might be difficult to fit all the suggested categories into the side scroll icon type… Unless fonts are reduced… The tile effect menu seems clean and intuitive in comparison, although most use a list format, such as trust wallet which works well universally.

Just some ideas without building from total scratch, and using these two layouts, what we already have/built.

1 Like

Ok move it wherever it needs to be.

But like I said and keep saying, I read that numerous times. Where does it say on that screenshot, that if you don’t claim the first unlocked coins the rest will never unlock?

I fail to see that part. The other part is not in dispute and again like I said to the other comments, I was well aware of what the instructions in the wallet say and had it said the other coins would never unlock I would not have an issue right now and/or maybe I would have spent $250 to claim $12​:confused::unamused: I am unsure how you guys don’t understand what I am saying. Your screen shot validates my point.

This whole process did not work out for the end user and I am sure someone came up on our backs. It should have remained NPXS anyway and the value could have caused the zeros to drop instead of the forced swap.

I only tried staking to make up for the loss they caused with the whole 1000:1 swap. Since then, I just opted to go with other tokens like the OSMOSIS platform. I can stake and unstake all day long for pennies with no tricky losses due to vague instructions and rules.

Thanks for you assistance though.

1 Like

your point is Mute staking finished, Pundi material stated clearly what was needed and it was repeated endlessly, if you lost in the swap that’s because you brought in to late & or don’t exit in time to take a profit, same as in any market you don’t make profit if you sell at a loss which only you can do to your self when the timing is right, the value increased because of the swap not dumped because of the swap, we had a natural pull back; then BTC market had a major reset which is still happening meaning a natural progression of markets do as markets do, my point being if you didn’t get to profit from a 3 month long 4800% market rise you didn’t play the market in a manner that favored you personally, Staking at the time was affected by eth network out of our control, if you have anyone to blame for your loss because you didn’t claim on time your complaint should be to eth network which essentially destroyed most people’s profitability in that Staking which was a one off short stake period unlike any easy passive earning you can achieve on chain now. sorry for your loss but really it’s from your inaction not a fault of the project.

1 Like

It is really hard to understand how simple the issue is yet individuals keep commenting the same incorrect thing. The last person who commented posted a screen shot from the wallet that proved my point.

We were forced to swap, the exchange I was on did it automatically and at the time my NPXS was worth over 5K and after I only had a few hundred dollars, before the market even moved. You have no clue of my situation so why even comment?

People should quit speaking on this post if they do not have a resolution as anything you can say is with a lack of what actually happened on my end therefor just speculation.

I was on time for everything according to the instructions in the wallet and like I said:

NOWHERE IN THE WALLET DID IT SAY “IF YOU DID NOT CLAIM THE FIRST AMOUNT NO OTHER AMOUNT WOULD BE UNLOCKED”.

End of story!!! If you can find in those wallet instructions where it reads those exact words I will eat mine!

as I said your point is Mute it ended sometime ago; the reason i don’t go find where it was said is it’s over, I personally repeated it more then 1000 times on social media the message was clear