Temperature Check: Merging f(x)Swap with MarginX

Hi all,

After speaking with @orbitant @Danny, Sasi & Shin recently, the foundation is keen to explore letting f(x)Swap go under the MarginX. This can make our DEX AMM much more independent, and can potentially have a better growth outlook.

If in the event MarginX launches a token, we also think f(x)Swap user should have a small allocation if the above happens.

The MarginX team is not entirely convinced the community approves it, so a temperature check is required.

Thoughts?

8 Likes

yes i agree

2 Likes

+1

chads building on top of f(x)Swap and integrating it into MarginX would be a pretty cool use case

2 Likes

Agree with Zac that MarginX will have better growth potential if it is led by a dedicated team.

2 Likes

Good Idea.
But we need to keep open smart contract interfaces and APIs to exchange between currencies…

Regards,
@FrenchXCore

1 Like

My temperature rises… so let’s merge with MarginX.
Not hindered by any technical knowledge, i follow my gut feeling, and it says, perfect match :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Agree :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I have a few questions out of curiosity.

• What can users of f(x)Swap look forward to when it goes under the wing of MarginX?
  • Will there be any significant changes to the platform?

Asking this so the community members, myself included, can understand where this takeover is headed, other than better growth outlook.

3 Likes

Not speaking for team MarginX, the inclusion of spot into their platform is reminiscent of Jupiter.

Also, foundation will not remove any liquidity.

4 Likes

Nice, so it will shift towards an All-in-one platform.

Spot :white_check_mark:
Perp :white_check_mark:

• Money market is next, hopefully!
2 Likes

Sounds like a good match up, maybe it will also bring some Bang! factor; for the MarginX 2.0 release.

Maybe once there are more DEXes on FXCore, MarginX can turn it into a spot aggregator like Jupiter.

1 Like

Yes i think it can be great

I lack the technical expertise, so I’m putting my full trust in your judgment @zaccheah . If you believe it can benefit Fx holders, count me in, and I appreciate marginX 100%. I have confidence in both projects and in you guys.

Please consider rewarding long-time holders and old users of MarginX DEX with a generous airdrop in case you release a Marginx token :slight_smile:

Cheers!

2 Likes

It’s for MarginX team to decide if there will be a token.

If there is, we hope they can consider allocation for community and foundation, given the governance proposal grants and more importantly our support.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Sasi, the Creative Lead at MarginX. We’ve been working hard on something special for you all - MarginX ver 2.0.

Here’s a sneak peek of our future interface. We hope you’re as excited about it as we are.

What do you guys think? We really value your thoughts and feedback.

Can’t wait to hear from you!

Cheers,
Sasi

12 Likes

Love it!

I always loved aesthetic layouts as it stands out and grab user’s attention and this is a fresh color look compared to the usual uniswap website.

+1

• The only feedback I have is the color contrast between the two blacks for this.

The black box is kinda too black and the outside is not really matte - the contrast don’t really match.

• Personal preference: matte gradient mixture would be awesome, going for the luxurious look

Example:

5 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! We’re glad you like the new look.

Noted on the black color contrast – we’ll think about how we can adjust it, maybe even try a matte gradient like you suggested for a more luxurious feel.

Appreciate your input, it really helps us make things better!

Cheers,
Sasi

3 Likes

Looking great guy’s, Keep it coming

Would it be possible to add historical stats about open interest on each pair over the dashboard ?
Will it still be possible to programmatically interface with the LP smart contracts ?

Regards,
@FrenchXCore