DAOverse creation proposal - Welcome to the DAOverse

that would be a most important thing… thanks for the Question

Just incase, do you want to wait for more user/holders before applying for a proposal incase it gets rejected since 10k fx is not a joke. The current quorum of 40% is pretty high.

Once DEX is out, there should be more holders.

1 Like

SAVE THE DATE - https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NzltMmJuZWNrc2U3aHEzbGh0cmVra2EwMjggaGFqanJsOGRncnNiZXRkMmEzMXI3Y25mbmNAZw&tmsrc=hajjrl8dgrsbetd2a31r7cnfnc%40group.calendar.google.com

I want to hold a live Zoom AMA Meeting to get the last questions raised before submitting the EGF Proposal. I timed it at 15 UTC so that everybody accross the globe would have the chance to enter.

AMA DAOverse Creation Proposal - 04.01.2022 - 15:00 UTC

Zoom-Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82505995170?pwd=TjF3NlZ6U0Q3bmVOc2hDZk9ZZ1YrUT09

Meeting-ID: 825 0599 5170
code: 787303

1 Like

no actually i dont want to wait longer than another 2 weeks… 2 weeks should be enough for raising all questions and i will host an AMA in January…
yes the quorum is high with 40% but if the quorum isnt reached then it just shows me that my idea is not wanted here… if the company validators vote it’s easy to reach 40% if they dont want to vote or ask questions it’s a statement… either way is ok for me…
But i dont want to artificially delay building it… we will start building it next year, no matter what… fx has the exclusive first call to get this project because i really want to build it here

3 Likes

I think we’re reaching the moment where we need some team validators to stand down, and the team to communicate about it.
Here’s my attempt to push further to reach 40% quorum within public validators : https://twitter.com/FrenchXCore1/status/1473758351779581965?s=20
The FX team has the power to vote (for all the non-voters) thru their delegators : and we clearly need the team to stand up for this proposal.

Dear @Alchimist (Patrick) and @PundiXSherif (Shady)

I’d like to preface this by saying these are my own personal comments and don’t necessarily reflect an “official view” of the Foundation.

First, let me say that I think that this is an extraordinary “pre proposal”: you’ve taken to heart the entrepreneur’s motto of “THINK BIG!”. It’s comprehensive and very well thought out. It’s really the kind of proposal that the EGF was designed to support – particularly because you’ve both been such great supporters.

One thing that I’d ask you to consider before heading to Governance Voting is to take a step back and look at it from the point-of-view of a potential investor.

There are already some really positive points there: you’ve already got skin in the game having funded around 10K from your own pockets. Investors love seeing that. You’ve also got a great start in terms of having accomplished a number of your Phase I milestones set out on your Roadmap. That demonstrates you can execute on the concepts.

I would just ask if it’s possible to set out the funding ask in tranches? I appreciate that the total ask of 823K from the EGF is “reasonable” in the context (the Kevurgames insert supports that) – and one does not want to underfund a project. But while you both come to the project with significant experience and with total commitment, you don’t have a track-record in successful game development or managing projects of this magnitude. Granted, those of us in the crypto space have far greater risk tolerance than traditional banks and VCs. At the same time, seeing an ask in tranches – with specific milestones that, when achieved, trigger the next tranche – gives a potential investor greater confidence in your potential success and that you’ve clearly considered dependencies and contingencies which might require changes mid-stream. For example, dealing with developers is often compared to “herding cats” – that is, it’s filled with unpredictable events.

My last comment at this point: potential investors – in this case FX token holders – would like to see what’s in it for them. What do they get in return for supporting the project? An airdrop or what? How do token holders share in your success?

I know that all of us look forward to the “real Proposal”, the whitepaper and the proposed AMA after the holidays. It’s clear that the two of you have put in extraordinary efforts in putting this together and I hope you’ll have a well-deserved break in the lead up to the New Year.

Finally, I’d like to ask @Zac to chime in here with his suggestions. While many of you might not know, Zac has significant experience in game development, so I think his insights will be especially helpful.

8 Likes

Agree with David, makes sense.

1. Funding in tranches incase a developer decides to drop halfway through since there is no track record.
    ( Game development is not an easy job, even for big companies like Tencent with hundreds of employees so this is understandable )

2. What are the incentives for FX holders supporting the project early?

I heard you guys are building on Polygon Network since fxCore is not available yet.

Is Blindbox & Daoverse the same? Or the BlindBox on Polygon is only for minting while DAOverse is the NFT & Game that will be built on FXCore.

Will DAOverse be built on Fxcore first before other chains? Since it may get funded from the EGF.

Will definitely be minting more once it is available on fxCore :relaxed:

I agree with you too

Thanks for your questions and @DavidK thanks for your detailed reply. Much appreciated.

I am on the Autobahn on the way to our Families right now. I will answer your questions tonight.

Cya later :relaxed:

1 Like

Soooo… now we arrived and i have some minutes to write the answers.
thx again @DavidK and @SCENE for the Questions and suggestions. So looking forward to @zaccheah joining the discussion.
I just go from part to part and will answer them.

1. Payment in Tranches:

I thought a lot about it before the proposal and written down my thoughts from FX investor perspective pro cons and from entreneur perspective and laid them together in one Analysis.

The Tranches would bring security to the egf fund, since they will get milestones before paying the next step. That is the one BIG, but only, benefit it will give.

on the other side what would be necessary if we do it that way:

1. we would have to couple the fx tranches with USD, so that an actual USD equivalent has to be paid, since developers dont work for crypto yet.
    Looking into the market cycle and the very propable start of the bear market end of Q1 2022 it’s necessary to have an actual USD amount paid, which i calculated will be much more (up to 5-10 times the amount of fx) that would be paid. I just want to reduce the actual amount of fx needed to the absolute minimum and get into our own monetarisation as fast as possible.

2. The liquidity provision on dex and cex and fx validator had to be reduced or cancelled. With the full payment we would use the overpayment to provide liquidity in the order books and validation at all times and get much of the running costs covered by the validator.

3. less marketing from start for fx and daoverse (delayed to first big milestone “nft collection ready to launch”, 2nd tranch will be mostly marketing money) since the first tranch will mostly be used to create the company and get all development and licenses started and the nft collection ready asap.

4. as long as in the fund it is “sleeping money” laying in the fund not providing any impact on the development of the ecosystem or helping the tokenomics by providing liquidity of any kind.

[5. the unfair advantage. which i can not transfer to the investors. for me is that i know i will go through with this since i always finish my projects, e.g. i stayed 5 years ( i rejected 2 much better offers in that time) at JnJ because i wanted to finish my 5 year project target there, because my execution was promoted to be the “state of the art” version to be used on every JnJ facility in the world and wanted to finish it no matter what. I finished it and then i left the company to pursue a new project, this got me onto another project which happened to be the daoverse now. my projects are my babies, i rather die with them before dropping them. And as someone in telegram asked me this… Yes i really quit my 100k project engineering job for my new project which happen to be the daoverse]

Since i am subjective with this and want to build this as true DAO, I would accept whatever the majority of the voters want. i just want that everybody knows about the consequences behind each vote. I would add another poll for choosing which of the two versions we will put into the proposal. As true DAO i will accept every choice made.

2. whats in for the fx investors

1. right now we have around 2.890 fx addresses, we aim to have around 7k to 15k (NEW to fx) users after year one (sellout of the 7777 pre mint-Blindboxes plus launch edition) and triple that during the following year.
    Every user has to have an active fx wallet in which he staked the nfts for gaining access to the game and other parts of the project. Saying we aim to tenfold the users of fx within 24 months.

2. Marketing in every aspect. All DAOverse marketing actions will have direct impact to the marketing of FX. Every influencer will get the full fx idea with the daoverse.

3. I think we can arrange a special airdrop (nfts can be used to play and use every aspect of the daoverse but are not tradeable, since a tradeabilty would directly have a negative impact on the maretplace) to the active voting wallets
    (we would need to add an additional registration layer to that, because it would be a problem if eg. one investor with 100k would create 1000 wallets with each one voting)

4. we can arrange a special seed investor round for the blockchain coin “DVG” which will be created for the daoverse (eg. 0,1 fx cost per DVG instead of 0,2 fx launching price)

3. is blindbox and daoverse the same, will it be build mainly on fx(core)

no it isnt. blindbox is the first project that @zaccheah started and can be used for every use case they would create in the future, like the blindgotchi.
Right now it will act as a voucher for the daoverse nfts, every blindbox holder will get a daoverse nft airdropped. Daoverse will be existent as only fx(core) nfts and DVG will be a multichain of FX(core) to utilise every aspect of FX. There will be bridges to other chains yes, but the music is playing on fx(core)

This might seem that i just now answered the questions solely on my own, but since we really thought of every aspect prior to this proposal @KuzoIV and i already spoke about everything weeks ago.
If i got you wrong @KuzoIV please add everything you want to add here, since we didnt have the chance to align our postions another time before this answer.

Thanks for your support and i am looking forward to more discussion.

Hi dear crypto-colleague.
In order to fit with @DavidK remark, i’d strongly suggest you to keep tranches expressed in US$, or EUR€, with a note towards date of submission $FX-equivalent value.

From there, if it’s approved, and since the EGF is far enough equipped, we’ll be able to make sure the correct amount of FX is unlocked for your project.

Other than that, given your initial investment, and since you give enough warranty on the consistence of your project, i’ll follow anyway, one way or another, because scamming people would over-expose you, your team and your company, if you acted rogue, which I’m sure you’re not.

Still, I’d love to hear about team validators’ default vote and position of principle on this idea. @zaccheah

1 Like

Just got another game for comparison. To see how tight the actual calculation is.

This one for example raised 5.25M and is working with binance Labs. And this has no AAA approach.

https://elfinkingdom.com/home

1 Like

Greetings :slight_smile: , First thank your reply and kind words :slight_smile: appreciate it.

Also would like to thank everyone who dropped there questions in here , really great insights.

Jumping to notes:
I Believe first thing comes to raise funding is trust between fund raisers and Investors and am sure we have that bond with FUNCTIONX Team & Community.

Confidence for investors:
When it comes to History of similar field yes i do agree were we have drop as we have no past experience as running Gaming related company.

But i can show with my workflow (Behind Scene Series upcoming) i can solo make a whole playable game and with Patrick mathematical experience we can do the interior system and calculations.
And get game running.

So if this need to be as evidence, i can provide that with no issues :slight_smile: .
But as patrick mentioned we really want to build this project with Professional developers and under proper company rights.

So as you mentioned working on crypto related projects needs more risk as rewards are blasting.
We can follow your recommendation and we actually work with that mindset NO HALT regardless.

But us accepting tranches at the requested amount in pre-proposal is too risky as no one else will have responsibility to payments else than us if market as example crashes to continue the work so its point investors should think about.

Patrick suggested points were how we will use the funds to adapt the market swings. as we really cant have lower than bare minimum and just run with it.

So setting up tranches will require lots of changes in delivering plan time lines other than whats mentioned above to adapt (If that’s what community want)

This project is win to everyone as patrick mentioned, I Believe in this project and its success and willing to adapt to best solution to make it go live nothing else i can really say to show how we want to make something to Function X community.

For the incentives for early adaptors:
We have plan to create a special delivery to different type of adapters (BlindBox) and DAOVerse fund raisers beside what patrick already mentioned.

and for me as shady am planning to do some custom designs to random selected owners as per there preference.

Am really looking forward to making this project come live and feel the heat of support from FX Community.

2 Likes

Hmm i just realized. If the EGF is used to fund developers, won’t they need to sell in the open market? Will that make FX get dumped especially if it’s a large amount?

2 Likes

Consider it as a subvention to get the ecosystem starting… That’s the aime of EGF.

Making proposals in USD tranches is the best option for FX community and the developers.

We need a OTC counter for f(x) to transact large amounts so that larger size trades do not affect market price to the extent that it will if traded on normal crypto exchanges.

Please reconsider my suggestion for either PUNDIX or Function X to operate an OTC desk for trading large size trades of PUNDIX and F9x) @zaccheah @DavidK

Regards,

MakeTheSwitch

Exactly. That’s why I asked for the 823k at one time so I can calculate the stable value generated from validator and put the other ones in a liquidity generating market maker Position.

I used every possible way to generate CIP effects in the calculation. If we get small Tranches this wont work.

This way it is more work for me but will affect the price positively with least possible amount of sell pressure while providing liquidity to markets.
The market maker Position includes buybacks if the price Drops so it will act as stabilization.

If we like get only half of it in step one we might just have to sell as soon as possible to safe the Budgets. Or only work with half the team and double the timeframes.

As I said everything is thought through for months and in Detail. Including the liquidity and sell pressure impact.

2 Likes

Have a merry christmas everybody :relaxed::christmas_tree: and thank you for the early Support and the healthy discussion here.

I hope we soon can bring this awesome ecosystem to another Level. I like being Part of this community every day. Thank you.

Have a good time with your dearest.

6 Likes

823 k fx is too much
I just have 5000 fx

Why you not doing it for fee if you really love fxcore network