F(x) Core validator node setup on f(x)Core Testnet

yes you can, we already test that in december or january

After you’ve recovered and resynced your node, because you didn’t resync within a block time, your validator will be jailed (too long down time) try using the unjail command (in the “setting up validtor” or “f(x)cored commands” section. That should do the trick. If it doesn’t, ping here again.

Did you follow the tutorial on how to recover your validator?

Yes take the date time corresponding to your unbonding height and add 21 days

not recover yet my node.
I’m confused because I’ve run a validator but the recovery instructions for validator have initializing fxcored. should i re-initializing fxcored with same string ?

or i just unjail command ?

Thank you

you should reinstall fxcore, and reinitialize fxcored, then use your old priv_key.json file to override it and then resync the node. then after doing that youll need to unjail it.

Ive started a new thread on pre-opening of mainnet validators.

The main contents of the announcement are

1. Voting to increase active validator capacity from 20-50
  2. 100FX min self-delegation (and why)
  3. 1 Dec live tutorial video

I implore everyone to go and cast your votes!

2 Likes

@Richard

I reinstalled everything… Uncompressed the snapshot as usual in ~/.fxcore/data
‘fxcored’ is starting fine : however, it seems like it’s still syncing from the very beginning of the blockchain.

A ‘curl…status’ command returns me → “latest_block_time”: “2021-07-12T19:19:22.255538136Z”

Is that normal ?

Thx !

Depends on where you .fxcore/data file is. Try unpacking it to ~/.fxcore instead

I was actually checking it right after I wrote my post. It’s working fine. Thanks !
The complete tutorial is almost done and checked !

Hi everyone !

Here’s my effort to describe how to setup a FunctionX testnet full node on a Raspberry Pi configuration : FunctionX.tutorial.20211121.rev003.pdf

Don’t hesitate to let me know how you find it !

Thanks,
@mdmdmd83

Edit: replaced with new ‘dhobyghaut’ testnet chain.

Great! @ClaudioxBarros i believe you had the same issue

@Richard
I upgraded my node and have the following version : testnet-f6f6de109f7667b904ab84169536504408071cdd
Can you confirm we’re good for further testing ?

Thanks !

the same goes for me too. Ready to run a codeless validator.

To run a codeless validator, we only just need the hardware right?

No, you will use functionx cloud servers.
If you want to use your own hardware, you will have to create your validator as in tutorial

codeless node you’ll need a pc to setup the node and validator with the wallet device; we connected to the FX wallet, so for maintaining the codeless node you’ll need to access via a pc logging in with your devices, if all is well you have no need to be connected; as the node is all functioning on cloud servers & you pay a server fee for the luxury, home coded nodes need your server/PC connected 24/7

In addition to being online 24/7 there are firewall and ddos security concerns that are not very feasible for even a enthusiast server guru to set up.

For example a sentry node system is highly recommended for uptime considerations in a hostile environment should a malicious actor want to shut your node done from denial of service.

1 Like

How much is the server fee? Do you know

original est was $2500 of FX when FX was at 5c I did see a new cost but can’t remember I think $750 up the top here some where, so the more value FX has the less FX it will cost