F(x) Core validator node setup on f(x)Core Testnet

done! HO HO HO. anyway ive propped your validator up as well as @Bernando. did i miss anyone out? i can delegate some FX to you for you to have a higher voting power.

your calculations are almost correct.

24 (Hours in a day) x 60 (Minutes in an hour) x 60 (Seconds in a minute) ā†’ 86400 (Seconds in a day) / 5 (Seconds per block) ā†’ 17,280 (Blocks a day) x 0.05 (Validator voting power) = 864 (Blocks in a day the validator should get)

your 0.05 is in %. so it should either be 0.05% or it should be 0.0005. so you will be validating 8.64 blocks in a 24 hour window. dont worry you still get method marks for your mathematical presentation :slight_smile:

With that in mind; you can see that our validator only got a chance to do 7 blocks in the last 24 hours. This is why I am confused.

youve validated 8 blocks in a 24hr timeframe. hope that clears things up. if you need more explanation on algo/block selection process id be happy to take it further

1 Like

Oops I canā€™t believe I missed that. I calculated for 5% stake hahaha. thanks for the clarification.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. But running in to this issue.

I am able to add a key but when I try to add a validation it says ā€œError: The specified item could not be found in the keyringā€

Its also not showing the key when I do list.

fx-core# fxcored keys list
[]

Could you print your command to add the key ?

Here is a sample.

fx-core# fxcored keys add test

• name: test
    type: local
    address: fx162zvnd5xtq9vh38qqt2da3mq88uks36ehzcyg2
    pubkey: fxpub1addwnpepqvyygzqsfcg6d5h4hz2pnhqnspzsy9jja3efchw5hvdlp3sv3crew9qydvz
    mnemonic: ā€œā€
    threshold: 0
    pubkeys: []

Important write this mnemonic phrase in a safe place.
It is the only way to recover your account if you ever forget your password.

unable fiction layer banana divorce lock shadow demand purpose almost manual begin beef very local near immense fly dish ball seed regret town circle

@Richard Thanks for the tutorials on using ledger and validator recovery and other contentā€¦ very helpful. Will update you after going through these.

Did you use --keyring-backend at some point or --ledger ?
Because otherwise, it works perfectly for me.
@Richard : as for the delegations not showing up, it was just a matter of time : I actually had to wait over 15 seconds for them to show up.

Everyone : it seems that only the total delegated value is taken into account when it comes to being selected to validate blocks. The self-bonded tokens value and the commission rate are only taken into account by delegators if they want to be confident in your node and lessen their fees.

no havent used that option yet. I saw @Richard providing that tutorial.

Btw faced same issue on 3 aws instances.

correct. you may refer to the validator FAQ for more information on this

if you use the keyring flag, you can find your keys in the keyring-file folder in .fxcore. be sure to use the keyring-backend file flag as denoted by the tutorial

Hi Richard,

No I am not using keyring flag, I just created plane key using the command given in the tutorial. Then I am supplying same key name while creating a validator.

I see some latest changes in git master ā€¦ could this be happening because of the new changes.
I will give one more try tonight.

@Others
Appreciate if you once try to create a validator on new code and see if you face the same issue.

Thanks.

what is the command you ran to add your keys? and the key list only shows 1 key? that key is bonded to the validator?

Look like its a problem with latest commits in git.

I checked out the previous version manually and it worked fine. Now I am able to add/recover keys and see it using list command.
Here the commit I checkout to make it work.

Let me know if you need more details for debugging.

My validator is up. Appreciate if someone can deligate some test fx to sure it does not jail.
https://dhobyghaut-explorer.functionx.io/fxcore/validator/fxvaloper1ujndqy59r4wpd3g028w4dzef4d6u4lfmuk5vc4

Going to try Ledger, Recovery and other options tonight.

Hi @Richard !
Could you please remind me how the validator nodeā€™s APY computed ?
And what was the issue yesterday when everything was crashed ?
Thanks !

Hey @wolfpack64

This issue occurs when your fxcored isnā€™t up to date. You need to make sure you delete your fx-core folder and download the new 1.7 version then create your keys againā€¦ currently if you make the key with the old fxcore it will not be created on the dhobygaut chainā€¦

I was also having trouble getting the testnet chain to load on the wallet. I suspect it has something to do with this.

@Richard

Hey, Do you know if thereā€™s a way to check uptime on the validators? I tried using the app it shows 0%.

did you use the node metrics tutorial? ie grafana?