I already published this guide for the Raspberry Pi 4:
Thanks for the effort
I’m referring to installation as an app where it can be run concurrently within Umbrel.
Just FYI, testnet validators with these monikers have missed quite a few blocks, not too sure if its just downtime or because you forgot to upgrade your nodes. If so and you would like to unjail them, please do so.
- Dyson Sphere Project
For France-1 : it’s an old testnet validator that was given up.
We gave up on ours as well. As long as my node is able to stay synced I think the rest of the process will be seamless.
ok, will take note. @l4zyboi @FrenchXCore. thought you might want to try out certain processes like upgrading the node and running other tests in a sandbox (testnet), but shouldn’t really be a problem for you 2.
- We are EVM compatible for TESTNET!!! for more information, you may visit this post
- Come and try this fun game (just put together recently as a side project by @IAtheIntern)
- I have a testnet node for you to connect using whatever browser wallet you would like (metamask would be the most convenient) configurations:
RPC URL: http://18.104.22.168:8545
If the Testnet Explorer shows correctly, we’ve today 12 Testnet validators being Inactive/jailed (including one of mine), is something particular happened?
Got some crash errors such as:
panic: failed to write batch: leveldb/table: Writer: keys are not in increasing order: “s/k:slashing/n’IjbT\xb5B\xbf\x91\xc5sqsl\xe6\x97\xf5A\xb9șh\x9b\u007f\xd0\xc7|\xdb\x18av\x1b\x00\xe4\x80I3\x00\x00\x00”, “s/k:slashing/n’I\f\x01\x00\x14\xa8\f\x97Z^\xa4r\xc8\x02<i\x87Cx\x1e\xb2]\xe9"H\a\xfbi\r\x00’\x00[\xcdB2\x00\x00\x00”
and it keeps crashing like the database has been corrupted (reported on GitHub as well).
It seems I’ve to set it up from scratch. Anybody got similar problems?
@Richard Your Blindgotchi is down as well.
mine seems fine for now
Did you upgrade your code to reflect the update in EVM compatibility?
I believe most of the original testnet validators have already converted their services to either sentry nodes or mainnet validator nodes so they have discontinued any testnet nodes.
My blindgotchi has been deliberately jailed because im running some tests
For the uniswap Dapp on Testnet, we have added in analytics/charts.
The gitbook has also been updated.
For more information, kindly refer to this link.
Updates 17 Jan 22
- We have added in a gitbook tutorial guide for metamask for EVM
- With the rest of the guides like using Remix or truffle and hardhat, you will be able to deploy your own smart contracts and ERC20 tokens. You can give the Remix tutorial a go and mint your own ERC20 tokens.
I want to make a validator node but now the spots are full. Can someone tell me if it’s ok to create it now or wait until the spots reach the new 100 limit? I really want to get a spot next time and it doesn’t matter if I have to run it for a period without getting any rewards.
more can be created, the stronger 50 get to be validating blocks, there are some team nodes there if you see still have very little delegations, if you set up a node and have more delegations the lowest one will just become inactive, the team won’t mind it brings on more decentralisation.
One of the validators is retiring due to personal and a career change, and he won’t be able to maintain with his new job. So to add to your clear info, he will be amongst the 50 validators and can build up slowly.
Also note once the validators node reaches 100fx its in active state, meaning creating blocks, only then not before. The minimum fx needed to start the node is only 100fx self bonded.
Thanks! I didn’t had that information. I will start tomorrow.
To reiterate what @LKYBOB and @Superbit123 have mentioned.
- you need to self-delegate 100FX for your validator
more information on the states of validators and the conditions can be found here.
- The active validator set is determined solely by the ranking of the total amount staked. The 50 validators with the most total staked are the ones who are designated as active validators . If a validator’s total stake falls below the top 50 then that validator loses their validator privileges: they don’t participate in consensus and generate rewards any more. Over time, the maximum number of validators may increase via on-chain governance proposal. More info on that can be found here.
so essentially as long as you have more total staked compared to this last guy on the list here you will be in the active validator set. (you will need just 10FX more on top of what is needed for self-delegated stake).
im also assuming this question is for mainnet. you can direct future questions for general enquiries, updates, tech support.
Thanks man! I’m preparing the O.S right now, if I have any problem I’ll check the links.
Hi, if you have telegram, please contact me to send you validator telegram group link. Welcome
after running docker by
sudo docker run --name fxcore -d --restart=always -p 26656:26656 -p 26657:26657 -p 1317:1317 -p 26660:26660 -v $HOME/.fxcore:/root/.fxcore functionx/fx-core:dhobyghaut-1.2 start, I still get this information
What’s the wrong?